Friday 3 July 2015

Tiddly Inks Fabulous Friday

Hello and good morning....
 
Here is my Tiddly Inks Fabulous Friday Design Team card for you today. it's over on our blog along with others cards created by my lovely teams to celebrate.....it's Friday!  YAY!!

On my card I've used the digi image School Girl, isn't she just so pretty sitting on her little pile of books watching the world go by. I decided to create a CAS card because I wanted to make the school girl the main focus, however I felt it needed something to capture the moment so I googled reading quotes, and found this apt one from Neil Gaiman. The speech bubble was die cut from a page in an oldish children's book, which I bought from a charity shop last year .

 



Here's What I Did
I used an 5" x 7" white card base which I matted and layered with dark brown card. I printed the school girl image and quote directly onto my colouring card stock and coloured with Copics. I took a page from a children's book and distressed it with brown ink then die cut it with a speech bubble die, this was then glued on the top of the card above the girl. Using foam tape I attached the finished topper onto my card base.

To finish off I added a touch of glitter to the hat trim and book spines, and a sprinkled a few sequins around the card.

Here's what I Used
Digital ImageSchool Girl - Just so you know she only cost a $1 in the Tiddly Inks store
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R30 / Hair - YR000, YR000, YR00, Y00, Y02, E13, E99  /  Dress & Shoes - R20, R22, R30 / Hat - R20, R22, R30, Y00, Y02, Y06, Y17 / Books - YR00, E13, E99, Y00, Y02, Y06, Y17, R20, R22, R30, BG10, BG13, BG15, BG721 / Ground - W0, W1, W2, W3
Dies: Memory Box 'Big Word Pop Curve'
Paper/Card (CS): White Card Base, Neenah CS, Book Page, Brown CS
Other: Serif CA2, Distressing Ink, Glitter, Sequins, Foam Tape

Why not pop over to Tiddly Inks to see what my other fab teamies have created for you today -- click on the logo below:
 
http://www.tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 
Pssst, don't forget to join in with our 'Let's Get Gothic' challenge - you still have time to enter here.

Hugs

Janine
xxx 

4 comments:

Ali said...

Absolutely gorgeous xxx

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, my oh my, she is STUNNING! I adore this little girl (wish wish wish she was a stamp) and your artwork is perfection. How clever to use the text like that, and what a fabulous NG quote. LOVE LOVE LOVE this one, a lot. Hugs xx Psssst, my b'day in two weeks, teehee.

Christine L said...

Oh wow..... I'm loving your colouring of this little lady Janine... and using that giant speech bubble is a very clever idea! Perfect quote too.. in fact all in all, it's a fabulous card!

Hugs
Christine x

Marilyn said...

Oh Janine... this is gorgeous and I love everything about it. Such a beautifully coloured sweet little gal and a perfect sentiment to go with. Then I love the layout and how you used the bubble die. I bought those dies but mine are still in the package.