Wednesday 8 July 2015

Sugar Nellie - Knitted With Love

- Hello Sugar Fans -
Good morning to you all on this lovely summer's day.
Well it's Wednesday and Sugar Nellie day.....yay!!  The summer has definitely been shining here, in fact we had a heat wave last week, and I know us Brits tend to complain about the weather...but I have to say, it was way too hot for me. Sooooorry!  So cool myself down I decided to make a Christmas card he, he, he!!! To be honest I've been waiting for an excuse to use this little cutie for ages - this gorgeous rubber stamp is called Knitted With Love and its available from Funkykits.


 
Here's What I Did
Firstly I die cut a scalloped circle card base from an existing white card base (it saves time and much easier to do). Next I stamped my image onto some white card stock and die cut it into a circle; this was then matted onto some red and teal card and attached to the card base. I stamped the image again onto colouring card stock and colour it with Copic pens, and then fussy cut it out. I attached the cut out image to the card base using foam tape to give dimension.

To finish off I added a few glitter dots around the image, a die cut snowflake and some glitter.
Here's What I Used
Rubber Stamp: Knitted with Love from Funkykits
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, R20 / Hair - YR000, YR00, E13, E99 / Hat, Scarf & Socks - G0000, G00, BG10, BG13, BG15, BG23, BG72, W3 / Hearts - R20, R22, R27 / Knitted Dress - R000, R00, R02, R11, R20, C3 / Wings - 0, R000. R00. R02
Die: Spellbinders 'Grand Scallop Circle and Circle', Tonic 'Scallop Circle', MFT 'Snowflakes', Crealies XXL 'Stitched' Circle
Cardstock (CS): Red, Teal & White CS, Aqua Glitter CS, Neenah Colouring CS
Other: Glitter, Glitter Dots

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).
Why not join in with the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 
 
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs & kisses
 
x Janine x

6 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Yoo-hoo, I'm out here! Gorgeous card hun, love the super cute image, the shape, and of course your beautiful colourwork that really brings her to life. Great colour choice too. Love it. Hugs xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

One of my fave images, love the colour combo

Christine L said...

I'm here too hon! and yes.... you ARE on a roll with these fabulous circle card.... I really must don one again soon! Gorgeous colouring on this one of course...

Hugs
Christine x

Fiona said...

fabulous Janine...and I see you have 3D' the image...its gorgeous!

Fi
x

Kat W said...

Ha ha, I am trying not to complain about the heat since it's nice to have proper Summer weather but it has been VERY hot on a couple of days! I have been cooling down by eating ice cream but maybe I should try the Christmas card making...less calories - lol!

Your card design is absolutely gorgeous; a really pretty colour combo and so cute with that scalloped base :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Janine, I've just finished colouring this up. It's totally different!! LOVE your beautiful richly coloured version. Mine is very muted. Must get it blogged soon. Hugs, Wends x