Today I'm sharing a tutorial I created for the Craftulove Design Team. I was lucky enough to receive a brilliant Magic Stamping Card Die Set by Nellie Snellen to create a magic card. It was a bit of a learning curve for myself as I've never made one of these cards before. I apologies for the length of the tutorial but I have included photos and a little video too. I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. If you have any question please leave a comment and your email address, alternatively I will reply on here.
All the links to the specific Craftuslove products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.
Product available from Craftsulove
Die: Magic Stamping Card Die Set - Heart from Nellie Snellen
Stamp: Wild For You from Lawn Fawn
Paper Pad: Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot Pastel Paper Pad from My Favorite Thing (MFT)
Embellishments: 'Girl Assortment' Matt Enamel Stickers from Doodlebug Designs Inc
Ink: 'Tuxedo Black' Memento, Black Versafine, Tea Dye Distressing Ink, Stazon Black Ink
Tools: Misti Stamping Tool
15cm x 15cm Card Blank
Narrow Double Sided Tape (NDST)
Red Liner Tape
Black Fineliner Pen
1. Trim a piece of white card to 26cm x 10.5cm and mark at 13cm on both sides. Place the long thin cutting die across the centre of the card at the 13cm point. Run through a die cutting machine to create the slider mount card. Remove the die and fold the card in half.2. Using the ‘U’ shape die and ‘T’ shaped divider die, cut the shapes from the same white card.
3. Turn your slider mount card horizontally, and mark the front of the card at 6.5cm top and bottom and lightly draw a pencil line. Line the top and bottom of the heart die in the centre of the drawn line, and then run it through a die cutting machine.
4. Using NDST adhere the ‘U’ shape die cut to the inside back of the slider mount card (you may need to trim a little of each leg).
5. Place the slider mount card closed inside the Misti. Position the lion and butterfly stamp within the centre of the heart aperture. Close and press down the lid so that the stamps stick to it. Remove the slider mount card and replace it with white card. Ink up the stamps with Memento ink and stamp (do not remove the stamps from the Misti).
6. Without removing the stamps from the Misti, place a piece of acetate 9cm x 11cm inside, and stamp the images again using Stazon ink. Take care not to smudge the images.
7. Open the slider mount card flat and place a piece of patterned paper 10cm x 12.5cm face down on the aperture and centre it. Carefully close the card and turn it over. Insert the heart die in the aperture and trace around the inside of the heart with a pencil. Remove the die and the paper. Line up the heart shaped die with the pencil mark on the patterned paper, and run it through the die cutting machine.8. Colour the stamped images and when finished stick the card inside the ‘U’ shaped die cut on the inside of the slider mount card.
9. Insert the T’ divider die cut through the slit in the centre of the slider mount card, then pull it all the way to the end to reveal the image. Add NDST to the 3 sides the ‘U shaped die cut and adhere the card front to it. Next add NDST around the card front of the slider mount card and marry up the coloured in image with the acetate image, and stick it down.
10. Stamp a sentiment onto the patterned paper and attach it to the front of the slider card so that both heart apertures line up. Attach a thin piece of ribbon to the pull slot in the divider card.
11. Cut a piece of orange card to 15cm x 15cm and randomly stamp the animals with distressing ink to create a background. When everything is dry adhere this to the front of a 15cm x 15cm card base. Attach the completed slider mount card using red liner tape or strong glue along with. To finish the card add 3 enamel stickers to the card front.
Here's a little video to show you how it works - you can just about spot me in the background :)
If the video will not play, you can view it on Youtube here.
Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) I'll be back next month with more fabulous products....so see you then. TTFN!
x Janine x