Sunday 3 June 2018

Whimsy Stamps - June Release #2

Afternoon peeps 💜

Wow, it only seems like yesterday I added a post about our new Whimsy release....well actually it was the day before. Lol  I'm feeling a little quackers, so I've coloured up this cheeky little chappie, happily swinging on his tarzie as we say here in the UK (oops not sure if I've spelt it right though).

Today card is another cute digi stamp from the June release which I've coloured using my Copic pens.  This one is called 'Make A Splash' and can be found in the Whimsy store.

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.



 
Here's What I Did
First I created a frame from strong white card by using a large rectangle die and cutting out the centre using a smaller rectangle die. To give the frame depth I glued white funky foam around the back sides of the frame, then when this was dry I repeated the process (this could easily be achieved using foam pads or tape). When everything was dry, the frame was glued in place onto the front of a 5" x 7" card blank.

The duck image was resized and printed onto Neenah cardstock and die cut using the same small rectangle die used to make the frame aperture. The duck image was printed twice again onto copier paper to create 2 masks - for the first mask I just cut off the sea section, and for the 2nd mask I cut out the duck, rope and the sea.

Next I covered the duck, rope and sea with the mask to avoid colour contamination when making the sky. To create the cloud effect I used a sponge, blue Colour Cloud ink and a cloud template. When everything was dry I covered over the sky, duck and rope leaving just the sea exposed. I used blue and aqua Colour Cloud ink to create the sea, then added a little bit of white pen and blue glitter pen to the waves. The image was then coloured with Copic pens.  When the images was completed it was glued inside the aperture.

To finish the card 3 aqua coloured enamel dots were added to the card front.

Here's What I Used
Digital Stamp: Make a Splash

Other: 5" x 7" Kraft Card Blank, Copic Pens, Neenah Colouring Card, Strong White Card, PowerPoint; Printer, White Funky Foam, Noble - Doubled Pierced Rectangle (Creative Expressions), 'Summer Sky and Frosted Aqua' Colour Cloud Ink (Cosmic Shimmer), Enamel Dots, Blue Glitter Pen, White pen

Our new challenge #106 started on the 15th May, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back on Thursday 3rd May with more new release digi stamps....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

2 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous card Janine, love the image he’s great.
Hugs Julie xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I can totally hear the Tarzan call! LOL. Love this so much Janine. Gorgeous creation hun, love the frame finish and your colouring, sigh, so so fabulous! Hugs, Wends xoxo