Today I'm sharing the last of my October Craftulove Design Team cards with you using the beautiful stamp set from Julie Hickey called 'Garden Treasures'. I loved making this card, and it was so easy to create, so check out how what I did below. x
All the links to the specific Craftuslove products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.
I have been asked by several crafters on Facebook if I would create a tutorial on how I created the autumnal panel for my 5" x 7" card seen above, so here is it. Could I please point out that the tutorial pictures are not identical to the finished card above, as I photographed this tutorial after I made it.
1. First cut a strip of white card 2¼" x 7" and apply Mustard Seed distress ink as shown in the picture below.
2. Next apply Spiced Marmalade distress ink, see picture below.
3. Reapply Mustard Seed, then a little more Spiced Marmalade and blend together.
4. Then add Fired Brick distressing ink in random area over the top of the other inks, see below.
5. Start to blend the colours together. First reapply the Mustard Seed, then the Spiced Marmalade, and finally the Fired Brick. Keep repeating this process until you are happy with the result. Don't worry if it looks a bit splodgey, just keep going. This is how mine turned out, see below.
6. Using your fingers, flick water over the panel and leave for a minutes or two and blot with kitchen paper. To add finer flicks of water use either an old toothbrush, a paint brush or a splatter brush (I used a Tim Holtz one), and blot off again. Leave the panel to dry for a few minutes.
7. Using a Nuvo Gold Midas pen flick the gold mica ink over the panel to add some shimmer, and leave to dry (this is optional).
8. Stamp the flowers and leaves in varying height using Versamark black ink (take care not to smudge it), and leave to dry.
9. Add Black Soot distress ink around the edges of the panel to frame it.
11. Mount the finished panel onto a piece of black card.
12. Stamp the sentiment towards the bottom section of the card front, and add to the panel.
13. To complete the card add a few gems near to the sentiment.
Available from Craftsulove
Stamp Set: 'Garden Treasures' by Julie Hickey Designs
Tonic Nuvo: Aqua Shimmer Pen - Gold Midas Pen
My Own Stash:
5" x 7" White Card Blank, Sheena Douglas White Card, Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Black Soot), Black Card, Sakura White Pen, Versamark Black Ink, Water, Gems, Double Sided Tape
Why not, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or on our YouTube Channel we'd loved to see you.
Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) I'll be back in a few days with another card using the Julie Hickey Design stamp set....so see you then. TTFN!
x Janine x