I'm back with another card and tutorial using products available in the Craftsulove online store.
This month I am highlighting a beautiful Christmas stamp by Woodware, a paper pad from Studiolight which has the most stunning papers inside, and a gold shimmer pen from Tonic's Nuvo range (find the links below).
You Will Need
(Products available from Craftsulove):
‘Framed Poinsettia’ WoodWare Stamp Set
‘Woodland Winter’ Paper Pad by Studiolight
Gold Midas Touch Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen
From My Own Stash:
6” x 6” Card
‘Red Brick’ Distressing Ink
‘Peeled Paint’ Distressing Ink
‘Fossilized Amber’ Distressing Ink
Gold Embossing Powder
Gold Mirror Card
Double Sided Tape
To Make The Card
1. Using one of the patterned papers from the pad, stamp and heat emboss the ‘Season’s Greeting’ sentiment down the left hand the side using gold embossing powder. Adhere this to the front of a
6” x 6” white card blank.
Before heat embossing your image and sentiment dust the surface of the paper/card you are using with the anti-static bag, this will remove any finger prints and grease residue.
2. Stamp and heat emboss the complete image onto another piece of patterned paper from the pad using gold embossing powder. Trim the stamped image down and mat onto gold mirror card.
Add distressing ink to a non-porous surface eg glass mat, stamping block, plate etc. Pick up the each colour using the gold shimmer pen, and paint as you would do with a paint brush. This will make the painted areas shimmer.
Where To Colour
4. On the 1st image fully colour the bottom leaf and around the edge of the top leaf using green distressing ink and the gold pen, Then add red distressing ink around the edges of the poinsettia again using the pen. Cut out the poinsettia and both leaves.
5. On the 2nd embossed image fully colour the top leaf with green distressing ink, and again add red distressing ink around the edges of the poinsettia using the pen. Cut out the poinsettia and the leaf.
6. On the 3rd embossed image only colour the poinsettia with red distressing ink using the pen, and cut out.
7. On the 4th image only colour the small centre section of the poinsettia with red distressing ink and the berries with the yellow ink all using the pen, and cut out.
8. Layer up the poinsettia and leaves using foam pads, then line everything up with the image on the topper, and add to the card front using foam pads.
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or on our YouTube Channel we'd loved to see you.
Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) I'll be back next month with another new Craftsulove project/tutorial....so see you then. TTFN!
x Janine x