Tuesday 21 July 2015

Tiddly inks - Challenge #162 (Summer Song!)

 - Good Morning Tiddly Inkers -

Hi everyone, I'm here to share my Design Team card with you for this week's Tiddly Inks Challenge #162. Our fab theme this week is 'Summer Song!' so grab your Tiddly Inks stamp and get summery with us.

For my card this week I used the cute digital stamp called For The Birds - I just love these little guys they're so sweet....or should that be 'tweet'. My summer song is 'Walking On Sunshine' by Katrina & The Waves -  this song always makes me want to get up and dance around the room.

After researching summer songs for some inspiration for my card I actually bought a fab CD/Digital download called 'Magic Summertime', its got all my favourite summer songs on it. I was having a right old sing song while I was colouring and making my card.  My poor hubbie..lol!!





Here's What I Did
I used a 5" x 7" scalloped card base which I matted with blue linen card. Using my computer software I added the 'La's' onto the birds notepaper and added my song title. The image and sentiment was then printed directly onto more blue card and die cut into a rectangle to fit inside the white frame.

The birds were printed again onto some colouring cardstock and coloured with Copic pens and a clear glitter pen, and then fussy cut out. The white frame was matted onto some yellow card and attached to the card base, clouds were added along with the cut out yellow birds - foam tape was used to raise them up. To finish off I added a die cut sun and a few punched out butterflies.

Here's what I Used
Digital Image: For the Birds from Tiddly Inks
Stamp: Lawn Fawn 'Sunny Skies'
Cardstock (CS): Blue & Lemon Linen CS, White CS, Craftwork Cards Digital Super Smooth CS
Copics:  Y000, Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y17, R20, BG000
Dies: Joy! 'Cloud', Crealies XXL 'Stitched' Rectangle, MFT Die-namics 'Flower Trio & Leaves', MFT Die-namics 'Blueprint 3'
Other: Craftartist 2, Wink Of Stella 'Clear Glitter' Pen, Distressing Inks, Butterfly Punch

I hope you'll drop by the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to take a peek at what the other lovely Design Team ladies have come up with. I look forward to seeing what you make :)

Click on the logo below:-
http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 Hugs
Janine
xxx

9 comments:

Chris said...

Love this Janine! A fabulous happy summery card! Lovely design and wonderful colours, now I'm singing too (luckily the house is empty...it's not pleasant experience for the listener!!!)
Chris
x

Tracey T said...

Admiring your computer skills, Janine. It's a super cute image but your additions to it are brilliant. xx

Christine L said...

This is adorable Janine... you really rocked this theme with this fabbie design!! But I need to know how you did the sun? is it using the flower trio and a stitched circle with your own drawing of the face? It really is FAB!

Hugs
Christine x

Ali said...

Another great make - so cute as always x

Jane said...

Awesome!! Janine, this is brilliant!!

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing

Sharon said...

This is such a bright and cheery card Janine - Love it. The image is adorable and love the cute little sun.
Hugs Sharon. x

JanR said...

So cute and fun! I especially love that sweet smiling sun.

Kat W said...

This card is the very definition of cheerful; I love the cute birds and the sunny scene you created :-)
I also have that song in my head now...not a bad thing!

Big hugs, Kat xx