Wednesday 22 July 2015

A Trip Down Sugar Nellie Lane #2

- HELLOOO Sugar Fans...
...and a good morning to you all.
Well it's Wednesday and Sugar Nellie day....and my turn to share my something sugary with you.  So this week I thought I would revisit another of my older projects using one of my favourite Sugar Nellie stamps.
This shaped card is using one of the cutest and prettiest Sugar Nellie digi stamps - it's called 'A Little Bit Of Gossip' available from Funkykits, isn't she gorgeous.


Here's What I Did
I covered a shaped card with my patterned paper and added some distressing ink around the edges. I printed the image directly onto some colouring card stock and coloured it in with my Copic pens, and to add a little bit of sparkle I added a touch of glitter to her wings. To soften the edges of the image and to create a sky I used pan pastel. The finished picture was die cut it into a circle and matted onto 2 complimentary coloured circles.  A die cut border of pink card was added to the base card and the matted image was added on top. I added my own handmade flowers to the card in complimentary coloured card and papers, plus a few die cut leaves.  To finish her off I added a little gem to her hair, some pearls to the flowers plus a cute yellow flower button.
 
Here's What I Used
Digital Stamp:  'A Little Bit Of Gossip' from the Return To Fairy Glen Release available from Funkykits.
Paper/Cardstock: Dovecraft 'Garden Party', Orange, Green & Pink CS, Craftwork Cards - Shaped Card Base 
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E18, E25 / Dress, Flower Centres & Shoes - Y000, Y00, Y15, Y38 / Cardigan & Flowers - R81, R85, 00 / Ladybird - R81, R35 / Leaves - G21, G82, G14, 00
Dies: Tonic layering circle dies, Joanna Sheen's Signature dies,  Small and Medium Britannia 'Multi Rose' Dies, Marianne Designs 'Swirl Rose' and Tattered Lace 'Embellishment' dies.
Other: TH Distressing Ink - Worn Lipstick, Pan Pastels - Turquoise, Gem, Pearls, Button, Graph' It Blender Sheet
 
Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Why not join in with the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 
 
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs & kisses
 
x Janine x

2 comments:

coops said...

so beautiful janine.gorgeous pretty details and colours and i love the sweet image and fab card shape ;D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

You've captured a gorgeous summery feel with this card Janine.. with lots of my favourite colour pink too! And then, one of my favourite fairies.. what more could I ask?

Big hugs
Christine x