Sunday 31 March 2024

Lili Of The Valley - James Fishing

Morning Everyone

Yep it's me again...:) I'm back again to share with you another sneak peek of the wonderful  James Bear  from Lili Of The Valley, this time he's fishing. As I mentioned yesterday there are 2 brand new James stamps - 'James Fishing' and 'James Gardening' which will be available as both digi stamps and in a polymer stamp set. The polymer stamps sets will contain the new stamps plus a few oldies - the sets are called - 'James Take It Easy' and 'James Thinking Of You'. The sets are on advance order and will be shipped from the 7th April. Definitely check them out, they're all simply adorable!

For my card today I'm using the sweet 'James Fishing' polymer stamp, and I've coloured him up using my distress re-inkers. I've used a similar layout as yesterday as I'm in love with my new edger dies. 

For your information, here is the link to the LOTV Online  Shop and the LOTV Etsy Store to check out all the stampsFYI you can use both sites to purchase the stamps. 




Here's What I Did & Used
I trimmed a piece of watercolour card down to 4½" x 6½" and die cut the top section with the 'Hello' edger die. The lovely James Bear was stamped on the bottom left of the card, and coloured up with distress re-inkers. A sentiment was stamped with black ink just below the cut out section at the top of the card. A postage stamp rectangle frame cut from green card was glued flat to the front of the card. 

I die cut another rectangle and inked up the top section using blue, green and brown ink and added some green splatters to give it texture. When the ink was dry it was added to the green frame on the card front. The painted scene was mounted flat onto the card front and a little gold paint was added to the fishing rod.

To finish the card, the word 'hello' was die cut twice from green card then glued together, this was placed in the corresponding space on the top section of the card.

Polymer Stamp Set: James Take It Easy
Digi Stamp: TBC

Distress Re-inkers: Bear - Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar / Fishing Rod - Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness / Grass - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn / Background - Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood

Other: 5" x 7" White Card Blank, Watercolour Card (Ecoline), Green Card (Tonic), 'Hello Edger' and Stamp Set (Penny Black), 5" x 7" Die Set (Gemini - Crafters Companion), 'Postage Stamp' Rectangle Die Set (Creative Expressions), Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint & Tea Dye Distress Ink, White & Gold Pen, Black Waterproof Ink, Double Sided Tape, Glue

If you wish to ask a question about any of my cards please leave me a message in the comment with your email address, otherwise I cannot contact you. Alternatively email me at jsnine.quinn@gmail.com

Or why not join us on social media at  'We Love Lili Of the Valley' Facebook Group run by the Design Team, the official Lili Of The Valley Facebook page and on Instagram.  We'd loved to see you.

Please Note - I am part of the Lili Of The Valley's Design Team and I receive their lovely images to play with and share with you; I do not receive any monetary reimbursement for my samples, however on occasion I receive a free stamp set as a thank you gesture for my advertisements or participation. I do, what I do for fun and relaxation. Thank you. x

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more sneaky peeks of the fabulous new LOTV Love stamps. TTFN

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and the sentiment is just brilliant