Friday 15 March 2024

Amanda Jane Designs - Daffodil Squirrel

 Evening Everyone

I was delighted to be asked to continue to Guest Design for Amanda Jane Designs (AJD) for the next few months - March, April and May. Thank you Amanda. x 

So, for the first of my March cards I have used one of the cute squirrel digi stamps, this one is called  'Daffodils Squirrel', which I combined with a digi sentiment from my stash. I used distress re-inkers to colour with,  I hope you like it. (For sale - £3.50 + P&P - requests by email please)  

At the moment there is an amazing 60% off everything in Amanda's store, so why not grab yourself a bargain. :) 

Amanda has a lovely array of digi stamp, papers and sentiments in her Etsy shop, along with some pre-coloured images and papers. For your information, here is the link to the Amanda Jayne Designs Etsy Store to check out all the digi stamps and papers.



Here's What I Did
I trimmed down a beautiful sheet of shimmery peach paper to fit the front of a 5" x 5" white card blank, leaving a slim border around the edge.

I imported the sweet squirrel stamp and my sentiment into my software and resized them both to fit my project. The scene was printed onto watercolour cardstock, then die cut with a ornate frame with the  rounded square section cut out. The image was coloured with distress re-inkers and pencils, and white pen was added to the squirrels cheeks. 

Next I die cut the ornate square frame three times (1 x cream shimmer card for the top layer and 2 x white card) and glued them together; the completed scene was glued onto the centre panel. The whole frame was added to the centre of the card front. To finish off the card I added glitter to the flowers, along with a few pearls. 

Here's What I Used 
Digi Stamp: Daffodils Squirrel
Sentiment: Spring Mix of 32 Sentiments (Lili Of The Valley)

Distress Re-inkers & Pencils: Squirrel - Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Saltwater Taffy / Daffodils - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade / Stems - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn / Ground - Tea Dye, Vintage Photo / Butterfly - Wilted Violet, Kitsch Flamingo / Sky - Tumbled Glass

Other: 5" x 5" White Card Blank, Langton HP Watercolour Card, Light Cream Shimmer Card, White Card, 'At Home in the Wildflowers' Paper pad (Craft Consortium), Ornate Square Frame (Polkadoodles), White Pen, Glitter, Pearls, Glue, Double Sided Tape

We have a lovely facebook group called Amanda Jayne Design Inspiration Group, or why not follow Amanda Jayne Designs on Instagam @amandajaynedesigns

If you wish to ask a question about any of my cards please leave me a message in the comment with your email address, otherwise I cannot contact you. Alternatively email me at jsnine.quinn@gmail.com

Please Note - I am Guest Designing for Amanda Jayne Designs and I receive her lovely digi images to play with and share with you; I do not receive any monetary reimbursement for my samples, advertisements or my participation. I do, what I do for fun and relaxation. Thank you. x

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more cards using Amanda Jayne Designs stamps. TTFN

Hugs

x Janine x

No comments: