Saturday 9 March 2024

Lili Of The Valley - James Umbrella

Hi there

I'm back this week to highlight the super cute James Bear stamps from Lili Of The Valley (LOTV). Hey, can you keep a secret? If you love this little bear, there might be a few additions to the James Bear range coming soon....sssh!! So watch this space. :)  

Anyhow, for today's card I used 'James Umbrella' digi stamp and coloured him up using my distress re-inkers and pencils in a CAS style. There are lots of James Bear stamps in the LOTV store available as both digi stamps and as pre-coloured Simply Prints, which are great for quick cards. 

For your information, here is the link to the LOTV Online  Shop and the LOTV Etsy Store to check out all the stampsFYI you can use both sites to purchase the stamps. 



Here's What I Did & Used
I imported the lovely James Bear into my software program along with a sentiment that I sourced on the internet that seemed apt. I resized them both to fit the die I planned to use. I printed the scene once onto watercolour card and die cut into a rectangle, then onto masking paper. I fussy cut out the bear and his umbrella and cover him up on the watercolour card, then using blue and then purple ink I created a stormy sky behind him. When everything was dry I coloured the rest of the scene the ground with distress re-inkers and pencils.

The scene was reprinted onto masking paper again and the inside of the umbrella was carefully cut out together with all the segments. First I covered the scene with the mask leaving only the umbrella visible, next I added 3 of the segments masks and inked the open spaces with a tiny dotted stencil and white ink. The mask segments were removed, and the other 3 were put into place and the process was repeated with purple ink.

The completed scene was mounted onto a lilac postage stamp mat and added to the middle of a 5" x 7" card front. To finish the card I added glitter to the puddles and splashes.

Polymer Stamp Set - Thinking Of You - On Advance Order (shipping 7th April)
Digi Stamp Set: James Umbrella
Simply Print James Umbrella
Typed Sentiment - Courtesy of Charlie Chaplin

Distress Re-inkers: Bear -Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Spun Sugar / Umbrella & Puddles - Wilted Violet, Hickory Smoke / Ground - Tea Dye, Vintage Photo / Umbrella Dots - Wilted Violet, Picket Fence

Other: 5" x 7" White Card Blank, Watercolour Card (Bockingford), Lilac Card (Tonic), Rectangle 'Postage Stamp Frame' Die Set (Creative Expressions), Small Cloud Stencil (MFT), Tiny Dots Stencil (Simon Says Stamps), Tumbled Glass, Picket Fence & Wilted Violet Distress Ink, White Pen, Glitter, Double Sided Tape, Glue

If you wish to ask a question about any of my cards please leave me a message in the comment with your email address, otherwise I cannot contact you. Alternatively email me at jsnine.quinn@gmail.com

Or why not join us on social media at  'We Love Lili Of the Valley' Facebook Group run by the Design Team, the official Lili Of The Valley Facebook page and on Instagram.  We'd loved to see you.

Please Note - I am part of the Lili Of The Valley's Design Team and I receive their lovely images to play with and share with you; I do not receive any monetary reimbursement for my samples, however on occasion I receive a free stamp set as a thank you gesture for my advertisements or participation. I do, what I do for fun and relaxation. Thank you. x

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more sneaky peeks of the fabulous new LOTV Love stamps. TTFN

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

So pretty l do like these images x