Good Morning Sugar Friends!
Well it's a cold and frosty morning here in my area of the UK, and we're expecting more snow again today. Unfortunately I have to venture out as I need to take my mum for her hospital appointment and to also see my stepdad. I hope wherever you are that it's not too bad, and you continue to keep safe and warm.
One a good note - my stepdad is coming home today after 3 weeks in hospital. Mind you I did need to do a little pushing and shoving to get the 'stupid' red tape moving along - why is it that hospital departments never seem to talk to each other!!! Anyhow my numerous phone calls finally paid off and thankfully he'll be home around about lunchtime with a 'care package' in place. He just needs to build up his strength now and get back to some kind of normality :)
Anyhoo, back to my Sugar Nellie Design Team card for you this week. I again decided to use one of the new clear stamp sets from Scrapberry - this set is called 'Cherry' and it's available from Funkykits here. Isn't she gorgeous - I just love these rabbits they're so cute. They are a really good size to work with, and stamp beautifully even on watercolour card. I coloured her with my Derwent Inktense Pencils.
Here's What I Did
I used a 5" x 5" card base and matted it with a piece of patterned paper. The rabbits were stamped with Stazon ink onto watercolour card, and coloured with Derwent Inktense Pencils (watercolour pencils). I added a light wash first in smallish area, and layered up the colours to add shade and dimension - making sure I worked quite quickly before the ink had chance to dry. I die cut the finished image into a square (with a curved edge); and then using another die I added a punched hole effect down one edge in which I threaded some twine and a charm. The finished topper was then stuck to the scarlet die cut stitched square using foam pads to raise it up. To finish off I added a few die cut flowers, pearls and a gem.
Here's What I Used
- Rubber Stamp: Scrapberry 'Cherry' available from Funkykits
- Inktense Pencils: Rabbit & Friend - Tan, Amber, Willow, Bark / Pinafore Dress & Hat - Sun Yellow, Cadmium Yellow, Sicilian Yellow, Burnt Orange, Bark / Underdress - Scarlet Red, Burnt Orange, Bark / Bows & Hat Ribbon - Scarlet Pink, Burnt Orange, Bark / Flowers & Leaves - Scarlet Pink, Burnt Orange, Deep Rose, Red Violet, Apple Green, Hooker's Green / Cherries - Burnt Orange, Poppy Red, Hot Red, Bark / Basket - Tan, Amber, Baked Earth, Bark / Background - Scarlet Pink / Ground - Tan, Madder Brown
- Paper/Cardstock (CS): Watercolour Card, Lili Of The Valley (LOTV) 'Country Meadow' Paper Pad, Pink CS, Deep Pink CS, Scarlet CS
- Dies: MFT Die-namics 'Blueprint 14', Creative Expressions 'Camellia - Complete Petals'
- Other: Twine, Charm, Pearls, Gem
Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).
Don't forget to join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp.
I look forward to seeing you soon.
x Janine x