Tuesday 24 February 2015

Inky Chicks - Flowers

Good evening everyone!

On this cold and wintery Tuesday evening I'm here to share my Inky Chicks Design Team card and a little bit of sunshine with you. Our theme this week is Flowers

Our sponsor is Cute As A Button, and we got to choose one of Francesca's fabulous images to play with, so I chose this little cutie. She's called Lego Queen and I coloured her with Copic markers.

 

Here's What I did
I used a 5" x 5" white card base and matted and layered it with some plain card and patterned paper (PP).  I created the layout with the image and text in CraftArtist 2 and printed it directly onto white colouring/blending card stock. Using the PP as my guide I coloured my image with Copic markers so that everything would tie in together; this was also the case for the coloured card I used. To draw the eye in towards the image I used blue distressing inks around the edge.  The image was then matted and layered onto 2 die cut squares, and stuck to the card base using foam tape to raise it up slightly. To finish off I added a die cut photo corner along with a flower and some leaves.

Here's everything I used:
Digi Stamp: 'Lego Queen' by Cute As A Button
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Orange & Red CS, Craftwork Cards Super Smooth Digital CS, 'Bake A Cake' Paper Pad (Mag Freebie)
Dies: Tonic Layering 'Square' & 'Scallop Square' Dies, MFT Die-namics - 'Photo Corners', 'Gerber'  and 'Blueprint 14'
Copic Pens: Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20 / Hair - Y17, Y21, E31, E35 / Striped Jumper - R14, R17, Y17, Y21 / Shading - W1, W2 / Top - G02, G14, G21 /  Jean - B32, B93, BG95, W5 / Shoes - Y000, Y21, Y38, R14, R17 / Lego - E31, E33, E35, R20, W1, W3, Y21, Y17, Y38, R14, R17, R37,  G02, G14, G21 / Eyes - B32, B60  / Ground - W0, W1, W3, 00
Other: Distressing Ink 'Tumbled Glass & Salty Sea. 'Fineliner Pen

So why not drop by the Inky Chicks Challenge blog, and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our 'Flowers' challenge this week..

This week's sponsor and prize is from Cute As A Button

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Challenges entered: 

Hugs

Janine x

3 comments:

Ali said...

Love this so bright and cheerful!! The weather is awful isnt it :-(. xxx

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card and image x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the bright colours.

Warm hugs
Maarit