Thursday 26 February 2015

Sugar Bowl Challenge 122 - February 2015

Good Morning My Sugary Friends!

Well it's another cold and wintery day here. Where did spring go to? Did I blink and miss it along with summer and autumn?  Anyhoo, to cheer myself up and spread a little 'love' I thought I would share a little sugary sweetness with you. So here's my (Sugar Nellie) Sugar Bowl Challenge Design Team card for you today. The theme as always is Anything Goes.

For my card this month I decided to use one of the very first images I ever used for a Sugar Bowl Design Team card, it's called 'Carnival Balloon' and she's available as a digital image and in grey rubber and you can buy her from Funkykits here. Isn't she pretty - I coloured her with my Copic Pens, and included a quote from a beautiful poem from EE Cummings in my design.




Here's What I Did
I used an 7" x 7" white card base and matted it with both lemon and pink card. I used CraftArtist2 to created my layout which I printed directly onto some colouring/blending card stock. The image, border and text were then die cut into a square, and tiny hearts were then randomly die cut into the square so the background card would be visible underneath. The die cut hearts (waste) were then coloured yellow and sprinkled with glitter for later use as embellishments.  I coloured the image with Copic markers and added glitter to the hearts on her dress, shoes and balloon. I added foam tape to the back of the topper and added it to my card base. To finish off I added some of the yellow heart embellishments and a few gems in her hair.

Here's What I Used
Digi and Rubber Stamp: 'Carnival Balloon' available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): White Card base, Pink & Lemon CS, Neenah Colouring CS
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, E02, E11, R20 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, Y11, E13, E15 / Dress, Balloon, Socks, Shoes - R14, R17, R20, R22, R30, Y11, Y17, Y21 / Eyes - G000, G02, G05 / Hearts - Y11  
Dies: MFT Die-namics 'Blueprint 8', Tattered Lace 'Squares'
Other: Serif CraftArtist2, Glitter, Gems
So come on and join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - the theme is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy and there's a great prize up for grabs. BUT REMEMBER TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

5 comments:

Ali said...

Aah another pretty card such a great image beautifully coloured and great layout loving the bright colours x

Marilyn said...

I love this card Janine! It's bright, cheery and as cute as can be.

Cass said...

Gorgeous Janine.Love the colours xx

Sandra H said...

Oh this is just the cutest card ever what a lovely image xx

coops said...

so stunning janine.really sweet image and i love all the hearts and gorgeous colours ;D

xx coops xx