Wednesday 4 March 2015

Sugar Nellie Design Team Card - Let Them Eat Cake

Good morning sugar fans! 

Wow, another has Wednesday and spring has definitely disappeared. We had snow yesterday and today what the heck is going on!!!

So for my Sugar Nellie Design Team card I thought I would make a cheery but simple card to cheer you all up. I decided to use 2 of my favourite cardmaking colours - lilac and lemon. This sweet little Sugar Nellie stamp is called 'Let Them Eat Cake 'and she's available to buy from Funkykits (the home of Sugar Nellie). I used my Copic pens to colour her in with and then teamed her up with a few of my new dies and a sprinkling of sequins. Erm, I don't think I went too over the top with the sequins --- or maybe I have!! Lol, I'm such a magpie, I just can't resist a bit of sparkle. :)

 
Here's What I Did
I started with a 5" x 7" white card base which I covered with LOTV patterned paper. I stamped my image onto Neenah cardstock and used Copic markers to colour it in with; this was then cut to size. I die cut the word 'happy' in white card and a speech bubble curve in lilac card on which I stamped the rest of the sentiment. The bubble was then glued directly onto my white topper and added to my card base using foam tape. To finish off I added some sequins and a touch of glitter.
Here's What I Used
 
Stamp: 'Let Them Eat Cake'' available from Funkykits, Taylored Expressions 'Think Happy Thoughts'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Neenah CS, LOTV 'Promises', Lilac CS
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR02, E13, E99 / Cake - YR00, YR02, E13, Y00, Y02, BV00, BV02 / Dress, Shoes & Hairband - BV000, BV00, BV02, BV04 / Wings - Y000, Y00, Y02, BV00, BV02 / Ground - W0, W01, W03
Dies: Memory Box ' Big word Pop Curve'. Taylored Expressions 'Think Happy Thoughts - Happy'
Other: Sequins, Glitter

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Don't forget to  join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

5 comments:

Ali said...

Far too cute love it!!! Eeeh more New dies ?!? Xxx

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card x

Christine L said...

Loving this fabulous design Janine - and the lilac colouring... gorgeous!

Big hugs
Christine x
PS... Hope all is well with your step-dad now x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So gorgeous, love the colours and the fab dies, I have a similar MFT one, love it

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Janine.I've just coloured this little cutie up xx