Wednesday 18 February 2015

Sugar Nellie Design Team Card - Abi Ballerina

Good morning all.

I hope you're all well and enjoying the lovely spring weather here in the UK - and to all my international friends I hope you're all having good weather wherever you are.

I know I usually post my Sugar Nellie Design Team on a Thursday, but my posting day has now changed to a Wednesday, so without further ado here is my card for this week. As I can feel a spot of spring in the air, I decided to go green and fresh and use one of the cute All Dressed Up (ADU) rubber stamps.

Isn't she pretty in her little tutu!! She's called 'Abi Ballerina' and she's available in grey rubber from the Funkykits online shop. She stamps beautifully and is a dream to colour; I coloured her with my with Copic markers and added a touch of glitter to her dress so she would sparkle and shine.



 
Here's What I Did
I started with a 7" x 7" white card base and matted it with green card and 2 different patterned papers. To cover the joint of the patterned papers I added a green border strip with ribbon. I stamped my image onto my colouring cardstock and coloured it in with Copic pens, the finished image was then die cut it into a circle along with a green mat which I glued together. I chopped off a section of the circle topper and added it to my card base. To finish off I glittered up her tutu, added few die cut sequins (yes I created my own!), a bow, gem and some pearls.

Here's What I Used
Stamp: 'Abi Ballerina' rubber stamp available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): 7" x 7" Card Base, LOTV 'Shabby Shutters', Create & Craft Green CS, Craftwork Cards Digital Super Smooth Card, Acetate,  
Copics: Skin - E000, E000, E11, R20, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E18, E33 / Tutu, Pumps & Hairband - YG03, YG11, YG17, Blender / Ground - E35, E37
Dies: MFT Die-namics 'Sequins', Tonic 'Circle' Layering Dies, Spellbinder Grand 'Circle' Dies
Other: Glitter, Pearls, Gem, Ribbon, Marta Stewart Punch, Glossy Accents

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Don't forget to  join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

I look forward to seeing you soon - why not leave me some sugar so I know who's out there in blogland. 
 
Challenge Entered:
All Dressed Up Challenge 29 - Anything Goes
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x 


13 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Well that has cheered up my Wednesday hunny! Oh she is just sooooo pretty, beautiful artwork, her dress is a dream, and I love the fresh and vibrant spring green. Too cute, too adorable, too brilliant. Nuff said! Hugs xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love her and love the fresh colours and layout

Ali said...

I love this image and its lovely to see it done in a colour other than pink!! Such a great layout too xxx

Sandra H said...

Such a pretty image and your colouring and glitter is gorgeous! fabulous card as always x

Tina said...

Such a pretty card, love the layout and the colours, very cheerful.Tinaxx

Christine L said...

You know from FB how much I love this card with gorgeous Abi.. but I just ready you made your own sequins!! I'm impressed and need to know how! I do have a Mama Elephant confetti die that has sequin shapes... but yours are gorgeous and shiney!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so stunning janine.i love your fresh green colours and the image is so sweet ;D

xx coops xx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card and adorable image x

Nancy said...

Ooh...I loved this card when I saw it on facebook! You've made a really beautiful card, Janine! I love the gorgeous green, and all the pretty sparkle on Abi! Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up! :o)

Bernadet said...

This is such a beauty Janine!
I love the green colors and the glittering tutu;)
Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up!!

Marilyn said...

Fantastic card Janine! I love Abi Ballerina and you've done a fab job on this card... the green is beautiful!

Vannessa said...

This is gorgeous and I love her sparkly tutu! Thanks for joining in the All Dressed Up challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
All Dressed Up DT

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card! Love the papers and your coloring of her, and of course the glitter! Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up Challenges.