Saturday 21 February 2015

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Spring Flowers

Hello and good morning everyone ---

Here in the UK it's starting to look a lot like spring ---- yay!! So at Sweet Stampin' our timely theme this week is' 'Spring Flowers'. 

My card this week is all about new things - new dies to make my flowers (which I love) and a new stamp from a company that is also new to me called Crafty Sentiment Designs. CSD's designs are beautifully drawn and very sweet, they're also fab to colour. I especially love this little sweetie, isn't she pretty. I coloured her with my Inktense pencils on watercolour card and added a little glitter to her garland of flowers.




Here's What I did
I used an A5 scalloped card base on which I matted and layered some pink card and 2 pretty patterned papers. I stamped the girl onto watercolour CS and die cut it with a stitched edge rectangle die. The image was coloured using Inktense pencils (watercolour pencils) and added to a blue card mat.

The completed topper was then attached to a long strip of pink card with a die cut scalloped edge. I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the edge, and attached it to the card base using foam tape to give it more dimension. To finish off I added a couple of die cut flowers and leaves, along with a touch of glitter on the girl's flower garland.

Here's everything I used:
Rubber Stamp: Lollipop Dreams 'Welcome Spring' by Crafty Sentiment Designs
Paper/Cardstock (CS):  A5 White Scallop Card Base, Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow, White CS, LOTV (Lilli Of the Valley) 'Bonnets & Bowties' Paper Pad, Watercolour CS
Inktense Pencils: Skin - Baked Earth, Saddle Brown, Scarlet Pink  / Hair - Mustard, Saddle Brown, Bark / Dress - Scarlet Pink, Poppy Red, Chilli Red / Petticoat - Cadmium Yellow, Baked Earth / Flower Garland - Iris Blue, Deep Blue, Apple Green, Beech Green / Background - Cadmium Yellow, Scarlet Pink, Iris Blue, Apple Green / Grass - Apple Green, Beech Green, Felt Green 
Dies: MFT Die-namics Gerber,  'Blueprint 3 & 14', Lawn Fawn 'Small Stitched Rectangles', Creative Expressions 'Camellia Complete Petals'
Other: Ribbon, Glitter

So why not drop by the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our 'Spring Flowers' challenge we'd love to see your entries. REMEMBER you must include a stamped element on your card!  Have fun and good luck.

This week's prize sponsor is Petal Lu

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Thank you so much for dropping by, why not leave me a message to say hi :)

Challenges entered: 

Hugs

 x Janine x

11 comments:

coops said...

so gorgeous janine.really sweet image and i love the fabulous background and spring colours ;D

xx coops xx

mixamatoasties said...

Very pretty Janine, and very Spring like!

Susan xx

Chris said...

This image is so sweet, such a smiley happy little girl! Love the way you've coloured her and that lovely background! A beautiful card!
Chris
x

Ali said...

So pretty!!! Love the image and the background you achieved is fab loving the grass too!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my! What a sweet image and beautiful card!

Marilyn said...

Love, love, love!
Gorgeous image and I really like your background!

Paddington fan said...

So so pretty, love the image and the beautifully coloured background too! Have a great weekend, love Jacky x

Sandra H said...

So pretty!

Tina said...

Love the image, background and beautiful colours.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Janine. Love that beautiful inky background you've created. Stunning. Lovely image and papers too. Hope you're well hun. Hugs, Wends x

ELE said...

Adorable and very spring!
Ele