Thursday 29 January 2015

Sugar Bowl Challenge DT - January 2015

Good Morning My Sugary Friends!

On this cold and wintery day I thought I would share a little sugary sunshine with you. So here's my (Sugar Nellie) Sugar Bowl Challenge Design Team card for you. 

As always the theme is 'Anything Goes' and to take advantage of this I decided to use one of the fab Scrapberry clear stamp sets - they're all so cute and stamp beautifully. I just love this little hippy girl, isn't she cutie - the Scrapberry range is available from Funkykits here.  I coloured the whole image with my Derwent Inktense Pencils - I think I'm starting to get the hang of them. Well I think I am :)


Here's What I Did
The 7" x 7" card base was matted and layered with pretty patterned and plain cardstock. I die cut 2 squares; embossing the white one to add a little extra detail. The girl and flowers were stamped on watercolour card using Stazon ink and coloured with Derwent Inktense Pencils (watercolour pencils). The completed image was die cut and attached to a pretty die cut pink oval which was added to the card base along with the square mat using foam tape. To finish off I added a few die cut stitched hearts in different sizes.

Tip: Using an emery board or fine sandpaper lightly rub over your clear stamps so they grab your ink and stamp better.

Here's What I Used
Rubber Stamp: Scrapberry Stamps available from Funkykits
Inktense Pencils: Skin - Baked Earth, Saddle brown, Carmine Pink, Poppy Red / Top - Carmine Pink, Poppy Red, Apple Green, Hooker's Green / Hair - Sun Yellow, Sicilian Yellow, Golden Yellow, Baked Earth /  Flowers - Sicilian Yellow, Golden Yellow, Sun Yellow, Baked Earth, Poppy Red, Apple Green, Iris Blue / Bird - Apple Green, Hooker's Green / shoes - Carmine Pink, Poppy Red, Baked Earth, Saddle Brown
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Watercolour CS, White, Pink & Deep Pink CS, (LOTV) Lilli Of the Valley 'Country Meadow'  
Dies: Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Hearts'
Other: Stazon Ink Pad, Cuttlebug Embossing folder 'Swirls'
So come on and join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - the theme is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy and there's a great prize up for grabs. BUT REMEMBER TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is gorgeous Janine! I love the soft, pretty colours and the way you coloured the image is fabulous.
And now you've cost me some money... I must go by the stitched heart die!

Ali said...

Such a cute image!! Love your layout - oooh have you been getting new heart dies??? very nice xx

Chris said...

Beautiful summery card! Fab colouring...you've definitely got the hang of those pencils!
Chris
x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the pretty colours x

Kat W said...

Your colouring looks fab, lovely shading :-)
The patchwork DP teamed with the pretty 'stitched' hearts and embossing looks gorgeous.

Big hugs, Kat x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and image xx

coops said...

so stunning janine.really love the gorgeous image and your colouring is fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

Hi Janine... your card is beautiful as always... loving your Inktense colouring and shading of the image... believe it or not, I remember having 'bell-bottoms' like that (yes I WAS a hippie)... but guess what colour mine were? YOU GOT IT... Pink!!

Big hugs
Christine x

Christine L said...

PS... forgot to say - hope your step-father is lots better now.. x

Cass said...

Beautiful card Janine.Love the colours and I need to get those little heart dies. xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is so gorgeous Janine. I'm having a deja vu commenting on this, as I thought I already had, but rather say it twice than not at all! Love the gorgeous colour combo and the fab patchwork paper. Such a sweet image perfectly coloured too. Hugs, Wends x

Beckie Williams said...

This is just so wonderful. You did another fabulous job!!