Saturday 29 November 2014

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Let It Snow

Good morning to you all.

Well, it's that time again ---- it's Sweet Stampin' day!!

Our theme this week is 'Let It Snow' - so I thought I would dust off one of my favourite wooden stamps; it's from Whipper Snapper and I've had it for years and it stamps beautifully. I decided I didn't want to make a card this week so I used this large MDF bauble tag that I bought a few weeks ago, it's made up of a circle back and a separate frame in which you can add a picture. It only cost a 99p so it was a bargain.

 My stamped image was coloured with Copic markers, and the Northern Lights background was inspired by a lovely and extremely talented lady called Sandy Allnock. I'm not sure if it works or not, but I'll definitely be giving it another go as it was very liberating and I enjoyed doing it lol. If you get the chance definitely search for Sandy's blog and You Tube videos - they're amazing.
 


 
 
Here's What I did
Bauble - I covered the front frame with glitter glue using my fingers and sprinkled loose glitter where I missed certain places, and let it dry for an hour.

Topper - I stamped and coloured my image with Copic pens. The background was achieved by lightly adding different colour pen strokes from the bottom (snow line) upwards and then strokes downwards from the top of the image, varying them in length and intensity.  The rest of the image was coloured afterwards to avoid contamination.  To finish off the topper I added glitter to the snowy areas and white pen in the sky for snowdrops.  The topper was then stuck onto a red card mat and attached to the bauble back.  The front frame was then glued to the back sandwiching the topper between. To finish off I threaded ribbon through the top hole, added a few die cut snowflakes, gems and a bow.

Here's everything I used:
Stamp: Whipper Snapper 'Think Snow'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Glitter CS, Neenah, Red CS
Copics: Snowman & Snow - B0000, B000, B12 / Penguins & Snowman Hat - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7 / Snowman Hat & Scarf, Penguins Hats, Snow Letters - R14, R17, R20, R37, R59 / Sign, Penguin Feet & Beaks, Snowman's Nose, Hat & Scarf - Y00, Y08, Y17, Y38 / Background - BG01, BG10, R20, R22, R37, BV000, BV02, BV04, G03, B12
Dies: MFT Die-namics 'Snowflakes', Tonic Layering 'Circles'
Other: MDF Bauble, Glitter Glue, Serif CraftArtist2, Glitter, Docraft Gems, Ribbon, White Pen
 
So why not drop by the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our 'Let It Snow' challenge we'd love to see you. REMEMBER you must include a stamped element on your card! Have fun :)

This week's prize sponsor is Quixotic Paperie.

I look forward to seeing what you create.
 
Thank you so much for dropping by, why not leave me a message to say hi :)

Challenges entered: 
 
Hugs
 
Janine x

12 comments:

Christine L said...

Oooh this is FABULOUS Janine.... the image is gorgeous and that sky definitely works for me as now I'm off to have a search for the YouTube videos!!

Have a good weekend..
Hugs
Christine x

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, this is amaaaaaaaaaazing! The background so totally works, that is stunning (you must do this again!). Super cute stamp too, made me smile. Brilliant Janine, simply brilliant. Hugs xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this Janine! The Aurora Borealis looks amazing! Saw it as that before reading your post. Very clever process and you utterly nailed the effect. Love your sparkly snow scene and the fabulous bauble. Hugs, Wends x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Awesome. Definitely going to check out Sandys You Tube videos. I have lots of snowmen digis and need a new sky .

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Beautifully colored image & love the Northern Lights technique! Thanks so much for sharing how you made it.

Chris said...

Wow Janine this is fabulous! Love that background such a lovely effect, and the image is gorgeous too!
Chris
x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous bauble, love the way you coloured the image, beautiful design x

Sandra H said...

Absolutely fabulous is your bauble xx

Ali said...

Fab!!! The background definitely works - wow x

Debs said...

So gorgeous Janine - the background is awesome :o)
Hope you've had a great weekend.
Debs xx

coops said...

so stunning janine.fabulous shape and image and your colouring is amazing ;D

xx coops xx

Beckie Williams said...

OH my goodness!! I am off to watch the you tube videos that inspired this absolutely beautiful tag!!