Saturday 15 November 2014

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - To Die For

Good morning to you all.

Well, it's here again ---- it's Sweet Stampin' time and the theme this week is To Die For.  The theme requires that you use at least 1 die along with a stamped element on your card or project. This theme is right up my street, it combines my 2 loves stamps and dies --- sssh, don't tell my hubbie!. Lol :)

I decided to share the Halloween card I made for my daughter - it's kind of a tradition with us as I make her a card every year. She loves Halloween, it's one of her favourite times of the year. My daughter really doesn't do cute so when I spotted this fab image from Mo Manning I knew I had to use it plus it reminded of a witchy character in a film my daughter likes. Of course I used the now traditional Halloween colour combo --- purple, orange and black.



Here's What I did
I used a 7" x  7" card base and matted it with black card. The orange and purple card mats were die cut in the middle to create an inverted frame. I used 2 dies - 1 of which was slightly smaller than the other to create the frame. Using CraftArtist 2 I added my digi stamp along some sparkle which I placed above her, along with some text. When I was happy with my layout I printed it out and coloured the stamp with Copic markers. The completed image was then matted behind the purple and orange cardstock and added to my card base. To finish off I added some die cut flowers, ribbon and a splash of glitter.

Here's everything I used:
Stamp: 'Hocus Pocus' by Mo Manning
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Craftwork Cards Super smooth Digital CS,  Basal Black, Orange & Purple CS
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, E02 / Hair & Cloak Trim - YR000, YR00, YR02, YR04 /  Dress - V01, V09, V12, V15/ Cloak - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100 / Broom - E33, E37, E38 / Ground - W0, W1, W2, W3 / Earring - YG17  
Dies: Go Kreate 'Large Frilly Frame #8' , MFT Die-namics 'Flower & Leaf Trio' and 'Prima Donna Petal'
Other: Serif CraftArtist2, Glitter, Ribbon, Button, Sharpie Gold Pen,


So why not drop by the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog and check out what my fab Design Team girlies have made to inspire you. So come on why not join in with the fun and enter your card/project into our 'To Die For'challenge we'd love to see you. REMEMBER you must include a stamped element on your card!

This week's sponsor and prize is Yours & Mine Papercrafts.

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Challenges entered: 

PS I thought I would let you know that I have stepped down from the Polkadoodles Digi Queen Design Team due to personal reasons - but please continued to check out my friends fab makes over at Polkadoodles towers.
 
Hugs
 
Janine x

10 comments:

Tracey T said...

Wow, Janine, this is fabulous colouring. Great colour combo, too! Have a lovely weekend xx

Chris said...

Love this image, what a fabulous witch she is! Great design and colour combo too!
Chris
x

Marilyn said...

What a great card! I love that vibrant and bold orange and purple. The image... omg, you did a fabulous job colouring her and I love the magical sparkles you added.

Debs said...

Stunning card Janine - amazing colouring.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

Sandra H said...

Fabulous is your card Janine l just love your image xx

Paddington fan said...

Fantastic colouring on this fun image and love all the die cut flowers. Enjoy your weekend, love Jacky x

Cass said...

Fantastic card Janine xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this card Janine! Totally reminds me of Bette Midler in her witchy role, I'm thinking that's what Mo was thinking too, as she called her 'Hocus Pocus'! Fantastic card, love the Halloween colours and the fabulous colouring. Have fun in London this weekend. Big hugs, Wends x

Christine L said...

I'm sure Heather loved your fabulous card Janine... your colouring (particularly that black robe - so difficult) is wonderful....

Hope you enjoyed your trip to see her yesterday!

Big hugs
Christine x

Ali said...

Yoo hoo, oooh this looks great - fab colour choice and a fab image beautifully coloured xx