Thursday 13 November 2014

Sugar Nellie DT Card - Belle Flower

Good morning sugar fans! 

Wow, another has Thursday drifted past. Here in the UK the clocks have gone back an hour, Halloween's been and gone and Christmas is looming in a nice way. Where has this year gone - is it me or am I just getting old?  

Anyhoo, it's my turn to share my little bit of sugary love with you today. I decided I didn't really want to do much colouring on my image this time so instead I decided to paper piece. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's where you stamp on print your image onto patterned papers, cut out the bits you want and glue them onto your main image (in my case I stamped my main image onto blue patterned paper). This stunning girl is a Leanne  Ellis rubber stamp called 'Belle Flower' and she's available to buy from Funkykits the home of Sugar Nellie. 

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).
 

 
Here's What I Did
I started with a 7" x 7" cream card base on which I added my patterned paper that I'd inked at the edges. I stamped my main image onto blue papered paper and cut to size, I then stamped the image onto Neenah cardstock so that I could colour her hair and skin with Copic markers. The image was stamped again onto 2 different blue patterned papers from Lili Of The Valley, and everything was cut out. I glued the dress, frill and flower to the completed girl, and she was added to the main image using foam pads. The leaves and flower were also glued into place on the main image. To finish off I added die cut flowers, gems and a touch of glitter.
Here's What I Used
Stamp: Sugar Nellie 'Belle flower' available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): 7" x 7" Card Base, Cream & Blue, Neenah Cardstock, LOTV 'Petal Fresh' and 'Bonnets & Bowties-Solid'
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, E02 / Hair - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100 / Shadow & Folds - B0000, B93
Dies: MFT Die-namics 'Flower & Leaf Trio', Britannia Multi Rose, Spellbinder Shapeabilities 'Frame One', Creative Expressions-Sue Wilson 'Curled Vines'
Other: Serif CraftArtist 2, Glitter, Gem, Distressing Ink, Pearls,

Don't forget to  join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

6 comments:

Squirrel x said...

So gorgeous Janine, and a dreamy image. Love those pretty papers. Hugs xx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and gorgeous image coloured to perfection too!

Beckie Williams said...

OK WOW!!!! This is just so beautiful!!

Christine L said...

Hi Janine..

Such beautiful delicate colouring and fabulous matching paper choice on this gorgeous card!

Big hugs
Christine x
PS.. I did try for Fleetwood Mac this morning.... no joy as they'd gone in minutes!

Marilyn said...

I love this card! The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfection. I also love those dies... I can see this is going to cost me some money because I think I need them!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So beautiful Janine. I LOVE this Sugar Nellie image and your colouring is fabulous! Love the paper piecing too. Hugs, Wends x