Thursday 27 November 2014

Sugar Bowl Challenge & Sugar Nellie DT - Joint Post

Good morning my sugary friends.

As both my Sugar Nellie and Sugar Bowl Design Team duties clash once again I have combine them together. The theme for the challenge over at The Sugar Bowl this month is Anything Goes, so grab your Sugar Nellie stamp and join the fun.

To see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).


 
 
 
 
Here's What I Did
My white card base is A5 in size. This month I decided early on to make an CAS card because the image is so pretty I just wanted to concentrate purely on the colouring of her and show of her beauty. I wanted to show that you can made an elegant card simply by colouring an image and adding it to your card base with little or no embellishments, and these Floral Ladies digi stamps are just perfect for that. Note: the rest of the collection are equally as beautiful.
 
The digi image was printed directly onto my colouring cardstock (the background was done digitally), and then coloured with Copic markers and a few pencils.  The finished topper was then mounted onto coloured card and added to my card base. To finish off I added little bit of gold pen to the fan, a splash of glitter to flowers and a few gems.
 
Here's everything I used:
Digi Stamp: Floral Ladies by Sugar Nellie @ Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Neenah, LOTV 'Bonnents & Bowties Solids' Paper Pad, Coloured CS
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E02 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E15, E99 / Yellow Flowers - Y00, Y06, Y08, Y28, Y38, YR04 / Rose and Fan Top - R00, R02, R05, R20, R22, R29 / Fan Bottom - Y00, Y06, Y08 / Stems & Leaves - YG03, YG11
Other: Serif CraftArtist2, Gold Sharpie Pen, Glitter, Gems, Lyra Polycolour Pencils
 
So don't forget to drop by The Sugar Bowl and check out what the rest of my fabulous DT sweeties have created to inspire you; and why not join in with this month's challenge while you're there.

Just a little reminder  --- if you decide to enter the Sugar Bowl challenge  this month you can make anything you like, but you MUST use a stamp from the Sugar Nellie range. Both digital (instant download) and rubber stamps are available to buy from Funkykits. There's a fab prize up for grabs so it's definitely worth entering, so go on and spread the sugar love to all your friends.

I can't wait to see all your lovely makes. Have fun.

Hugs

Janine x

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous! Superb colouring... I'm thinking I need this image.

Sandra H said...

So adorable is your card x

Christine L said...

Absolutely SUPERB colouring of this lovely image hon... and oooh I love the added gems!! (hehe!)

Hugs
Christine x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So SO gorgeous Janine. Love this image and your colouring is fabulous. Hugs, Wends x