Monday 25 April 2016

Little Miss Muffet - Challenge Card (#136) - 25th April

Good morning everyone!

Well it's Monday and my turn to share my Little Miss Muffet creation with you for our fortnightly Challenge #136 . I decided to use a cute Cuthbert digi stamp for my card this week - this one is called 'Cuthbert For You'. I thought it would make a brilliant 'thank you' card - so that's exactly what I did.

I used my Scan 'n' Cut to cut him out (no border) and colour him with copic pens. I kept the background simple by embossing white card with a mask and using distressing inks to colour the raised area - it just adds a bit of interest in the background instead of patterned paper.

Don't forget to join in with our fortnightly blog challenge here - the theme is 'Anything Goes'. Come on, what are you waiting for, remember you don't have to use a LMM stamp to enter either. We'd love to see your creations.





http://www.littlemissmuffetstamps.com/
 
Here's What I Did
Firstly I embossed a piece of white card using a stencil, while this was still in place I sponged a little distressing ink through the apertures. The polka dots were then coloured over with a clear glitter pen, and when dry I matted the card onto navy card, and then onto the card base.

I really find stencils very versatile, especially for this method as well as masking. I tend to use plastic stencils rather than embossing folders as they usually come in eg 6" x 6" or 8" x 8" sizes which is great as I tend to make a lot of square cards.

Cuthbert was print cut directly onto some colouring cardstock, cut out using my Scan 'n' Cut machine and coloured with Copic pens. When finished the image was attached to the card base using foam tape to add dimension. The sentiment was stamped and embossed onto navy card using white embossing powder; this was then cut into a fishtail banner and attached to the card front.

To finish off I added a few gems, and used a clear glitter pen on the bouquet unfortunately this hasn't shown up very well in the photo - IRL it's very sparkly.

Here's What I Used
Digi Stamp: 'Cuthbert For You' - available here, Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): A6 Card Base, Neenah Colouring CS, Navy CS, White CS
Copics: Fur - E50, E51, E53, E57 / T-Shirt - B000, B02, B05, B18 / Bouquet Flowers - B0, V04, V12, Y00, Y02, Y35, YR04, YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67, G02, G07 / Wrapping Paper - Y000, Y00, Y02, Y35, B000, B00, B02
Dies: Crealies XXL 'Stitched Rectangle
Other: Creative Expressions 'Polkadot' Mask, Distressing Inks, Brother Scan 'n' Cut, Foam Tape, White Embossing Powder, Spectrum Noir 'Clear' Glitter Pen, Gems

Don't forget....if you want to see more Little Miss Muffet creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page (just search for the Little Miss Muffet), and we also have a Pinterest Board.
 
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

2 comments:

Christine L said...

Love your gorgeous teddy bear with his big bunch of flowers Janine... coloured perfectly as always! Your design is fabulous too.. and I do love that little 'thanks' stamp - perfect - and looks actually like a diecut!

Big hugs
Christine x

Ali said...

Gorgeous!! xxx