Monday 11 April 2016

Little Miss Muffet - Challenge #135

Heeeellllloooo everyone

Well it's Monday and my turn to share my Little Miss Muffet challenge project with you. I spotted these 3 little houses which are part of a new release and I instantly thought they would look great on a 'New Home' card.

So.....for my card I decided to use all of 3 of the digi stamps together. The stamps are called
'Little Houses - Red', 'Little Houses - Yellow', 'Little Houses - Blue' and used my aqua pens to colour them in with. 

To make up the card I did it totally the wrong way round - I coloured the image first and then spent forever trying to find paper and card to compliment it. Total nightmare!! I usually find it much easier to find the paper/card first and then use a colour or colours from them (or a complimentary shade) in the image. For my bit of bling I re-coloured 3 large cream pearls with a Copic pen to match the green paper and card I used.

  
 


http://www.littlemissmuffetstamps.com/
 
Here's What I Did
Firstly I die cut some patterned paper into a square, and then die cut it again on the inside of the square creating a pricked details. Distressing ink was added around the edges of the paper and attached to the 6" x 6" card base.

Next I printed my houses and sentiment directly onto some watercolouring cardstock, and coloured them with SN Aqua pens. The finished image was die cut into an oval and matted onto another die cut oval in complimentary coloured card; this was attached to the card base.

To finish off I added glitter to the red areas of the houses, some die cut clouds and a few coloured pearls.

Here's What I Used
Digi Stamp: 'Little Houses - Red', 'Little Houses - Yellow', 'Little Houses - Blue'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Green CS, Watercolour CS, Trimcraft 'Wallflower' Paper Pad, 6" x 6" White Card Base
SN Aqua Pens: Sky - Aquamarine / Doors & Windows - Kingfisher / Path - Slate, Tan / Grass, Bushes, Tree Tops - Bud Green, Moss / House Brick - Sunflower, Olive / Tree Trunks - Fawn, Chestnut / Roof, Chimneys, Steps - Blossom, Scarlet, Burgundy
Dies: Joy 'Clouds', Tonic 'Home Sweet Home', Tonic 'Pin Hole' Square Layering Dies
Other: Foam Tape, SN Clear Glitter Pen, Pearls, Distressing Inks, YG03 Copic Pen, CA2

Don't forget....if you want to see more Little Miss Muffet creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page (just search for the Little Miss Muffet), and we also have a Pinterest Board.

Hey, don't forget to join in with our Little Miss Muffet fortnightly blog challenge - the theme this month is 'Anything Goes'. Come on, what are you waiting for, remember it doesn't even have to be a LMMS stamp either!.
 
I look forward to seeing you soon.

Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

5 comments:

Christine L said...

What a perfect New Home card Janine.... loving these little houses and how you've put them together... your design is perfect! And I did smile about the paper choosing..... I always end up with that nightmare! LOL! Why do I never learn??

Big hugs
Christine x

Ali said...

I feel like I should move house so I could receive this card!!! Love it the colours that you have chosen for the house are great and even though it was a struggle I think you've chosen the perfect papaers xxx

Marilyn said...

I love this image and card Janine! You would never know you struggled with the paper because it looks like you planned the whole thing around it. I'm with you though, the paper comes first with me. I actually like to have my whole card planned and all the pieces cut out and embellies gathered before I even begin to colour. hahahhahah... takes me forever sometimes!

Jane said...

Lovely card Janine

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card x