Thursday 11 December 2014

Sugar Nellie Design Team Card

Good morning sugar fans! 

Wow, another has Thursday has gone by and we're swiftly heading towards Christmas. Have you got your decorations up yet?  Hopefully mine will be going up this weekend - I really need to see some Christmas glitz.

Anyhoo onto my card - for this week  I decided to use one of the lovely new pre-coloured Sugar Nellie toppers made by Hobby House. The pack contains 3 sheets with 6 different Christmas toppers on each - they're available to buy from Funkykits. They're great for this time of the year especially if you need to make a quick Christmas card or some help with your batch card making.  The cardstock is a really good quality and can be heat embossed, inked or coloured up.
If you prefer to colour your own images - there is a  digital version of this image and it can be found here.


 
 

Here's What I Did
I used a 5" x 5" white card base on which I matted and layered both plain and patterned cardstock. On top of the patterned paper I attached punched out card strips in green and red card. Then I sprinkled some Frantage around the main image on the topper and heat embossed it, when it cooled I matted this onto a die cut scalloped circle which I raised up on foam tape, and added to my card base. To finish off I added a diecut snowflake, some gems and a little glitter.
Here's What I Used
Stamp: Sugar Nellie Topper sheets available from  Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): 5"x5" Base, Red and Green CS, Lawn Fawn 'Peace, Joy, Love' Paper Pad
Dies: Spellbinder Grand Scallop Circle, MFT Dia-namics Snowflakes
Other: Glitter, Gem, Frantage

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Don't forget to  join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

What a cute image Janine again your card is so lovely x

Kat W said...

Aw, what a cute penguin couple and the design is lovely - fab festive colours :-)

Hugs, Kat x

Christine L said...

Gorgeous bright Christmas card hon... LOVING those little penguins as always... these toppers are just wonderful - but your addition of frantage is perfect!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so gorgeous janine.adorable penguins and your design is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Marilyn said...

So cute and Christmas-sy! I like that diagonal paper, cute penguins and the Frantage also looks great.