Tuesday 23 December 2014

Sugar Bowl Challenge DT - December 2014

Good morning and Merry Christmas my sugary friends.
 

Today I'm sharing my monthly Sugar Bowl Design Team card with you - a little earlier than normal. The theme for the challenge over at The Sugar Bowl is Anything Goes, so grab your Sugar Nellie stamp and join the fun.

At Christmas, time is always of a premium and I'm no exception - so to help speed things along I used one of the new Sugar Nellie pre-coloured toppers. These sheets are soooo useful and very handy to have in your crafty stash.  I used a pre-embossed card base that I've had for ages, a topper, some twine and a couple of bells -- and tada one Christmas card made!!!




Here's What I Did
I used a 5½" x 5½" pre-embossed white card base. Then using a red and green glitter pen I coloured over the embossed areas, and added my twine and bell. The pre-coloured topper was matted and layered onto plain cardstock and added to my card base. To finish off I added a few glitter gel dots and a little glitter.

Here's What I Used
Stamp: Sugar Nellie Topper sheets available from  Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): 5½" x 5½" pre-embossed white card base, Red & Green CS
Other: Glitter, Bells, Sakura Red & Green Glitter Pens, Glitter Gel Dots

As I mentioned the theme over at the Sugar Bowl this month is 'Anything Goes', and as always there a great prize on offer. So come on and join in with us!

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp.  If you don't own a Sugar Nellie stamp - both digital (instant download) and rubber stamps are available to buy from Funkykits.

I can't wait to see all your lovely makes. Have fun and a fabulous Christmas.

Hugs

Janine x

6 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So pretty, love the bells too. Merry Christmas x

Ali said...

This is a cutie loving the little bells xx

Pami said...

Super card Janine, love the embossing on the card and of course love the image! Are hope you are nearly ready for the big day! P x

Christine L said...

So, so gorgeous Janine.... I'm loving how you coloured the embossing to make it stand out!! A FABULOUS card!

Big hugs
Christine x

Sandra H said...

Absolutely beautiful is your card and gorgeous image! and wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card Janine! I have seen so many of you gals use these toppers and I am going to get some... they are wonderful. I just love that twine with the little red bells... perfect embellie!