Wednesday 18 January 2017

Crafter's Companion 'Inspirer's Design Team - January Project #1

Good morning everyone

Well I'm here today to share the first of my January 2017 Crafter's Companion Design Team projects with you. I used the gorgeous Colorista stamps-Elements 1. These are so pretty and such a great size to colour in as they're not too big, and there's quite a few in the set. I'm so happy how they turned out on my Kraft card, all I did was some simple masking. I coloured all the flowers in with Spectrum Noir ColourBlend pencils using pencil & pencil blending technique...no solvent used.


I kept the card quite simple as I wanted to highlight the beautiful stamps. I'm definitely going to be making more cards using these little gems..so what this space. Thanks for looking 💚




Here's What I Did
I used a 5" x 5" Kraft card blank, Before sticking the little yellow card mat to the base card I die cut the word 'hello' and the large butterfly from it's centre.....this is called 'gutting'. As the centre of the yellow card mat won't be seen when the stamped Kraft is topper placed over the top it's a great way of utilising all of your card.

I cut a piece of Kraft card to size and stamped some of the flowers I wanted in the foreground onto it first. The same flowers were stamped again on to a large post-it note and cut out, then placed over the top of the flowers on my card.  I stamped a few more flowers and making sure I added more masks where required.

Tip: Remember when you plan your topper, think about what you want at the front and in the background. To add any image to your background always stamp your foreground images first and mask them, then stamp whatever you like in the background. Always try to remember perspective if you are creating scenic pictures.

I coloured the flowers in lightly with my pencils, and blended with another to add depth and shade. In some areas I lightly used a white pencil first then add my coloured pencil afterwards, this gave a much softer look. When everything was finish I added dots around the flowers and into the flowers using a Moonlight pen, which is creamy and fluorescent under certain light. The completed topper was added to the card base along with the die cut butterfly and sentiment which was mounted onto funky foam.

To finish off I attached a few punched out butterflies and a touch of glitter.

Here's What I Used
Crafter's Companion Products - Colorista Stamps - Elements 1, ColourBlend Pencils (White, Daffodil, Lemon, Avocado, grass, Amazon Green, Holly, Petal, Peony, Fuchsia, Nectarine, Honey, Cranberry, Verdigris, Reef Blue, Night Sky, Vivid Pink, Mauve, Blackberry), Core'dinations 'Pastel' Pad, Crafter's Companion Kraft Card, Diamond Press 'Hello & Butterflies' Dies

Other: Mini butterfly punch, Moonlight Pens, Glitter, Funky Foam

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page - just search for Crafter's Companion UK or USA, and for more magazine inspiration definitely checked out the Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group.

Just a little heads up...we are also on Twitter, Instagram and have a Pinterest Board, so why not follow us.I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there or if you have any questions about the products - I'd love to hear from you :)

I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

2 comments:

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful card. The colours are very vibrant. Love the stamp as well. Thank you for sharing this

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a gorgeous card Janine! Love the colouring on kraft. It looks amazing with all those sunshiney yellows! Beautiful creation hunny. Love it to bits! Hugs, Wends xoxo