Saturday 14 January 2017

Crafter's Companion 'Inspirers' Design Team - Chick, Chick, Chicken

Hi there

I have another fabulous Crafter's Companion Design Team project to share with you. This time it's a stamped project using a cute image from Sheena Douglass aptly called 'Chick, Chick, Chicken and the brand new Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens.


When I chose this stamp to work on I'd already decided I wanted it in with shades of aqua and yellow as I wanted a fresh look to it. It's such a cute stamp, and perfect for Easter or anyone who lives on a farm...or maybe keeps chickens. Thanks for looking😃





Here's What I Did
I cut down a white card blank to create a 5½" x 7"card blank. Next I printed off a pretty blue patterned paper from the Crafter's Inspiration CD-Rom #11 and attached it to the card front.

The image was stamped onto a square piece of Neenah card and then onto a post-it note which I cut out to create a mask. Using distressing ink and a cloud template cut from thin card I coloured in the clouds. The images was coloured with Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens and a sentiment was stamped in the top right corner. When the image was completed I cut inverted rounded corners and mounted it onto complimentary card and attached it to the card front using foam tape.

The flower was created using flower layering die and then glued together, The fish tail banner was hand cut made from coloured card white card that was dry embossed using a border embossing folder. Both embellishment were glued in place onto the card front, then to finish off I added a large pearl to the flower centre.

Here's What I Used
Crafter's Companion Products - Sheena Douglass - A Little Bit Sketchy 'Chick, Chick, Chicken' Stamp Set,  Core'dinations 'Pastel' & 'Brights' Pad, Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Issue #11
Spectrum Noir Illustrator Pens - TN3, BO2, FS3, FS6, FS7, MB1, MB2, CT1, CT2, LG3, DG2, DG3, HB1, HB2, HB3, TB1, TB2, TB3, BT1, BT5, AB1, Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Freebies # 11, Sheena Douglass Stamping Card, Neenah Card

Other: Flower Die, 5½" x 7" Card Blank (cut down), Cloud Template, Pearl, Corner Rounder Punch, Tumbled Glass Distressing Ink, Black Pen, Foam Pads, Manual Die Cutting Machine

Tip: Create your own cloud template by overlayering circles and sticking them together, or glueing cloud die cut shapes together to create a cloud border.

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page - just search for Crafter's Companion UK or USA, and for more magazine inspiration definitely checked out the Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group.

Just a little heads up...we are also on Twitter, Instagram and have a Pinterest Board, so why not follow us.I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there or if you have any questions about the products - I'd love to hear from you :)

I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

No comments: