Saturday 28 December 2013

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - A Little Bird Told Me..

Hello everyone, here's my last Design Team card for Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog. for 2013. The theme this week is A Little Bird Told Me... (or have a bird on it). Remember your card/project must have a stamped element on it. We hold a weekly challenge with a fantastic prize plus a monthly prize draw for everyone who enters a card/project throughout the month. 

Isn't she a cutie pie! She was such a dream to colour in and for this card I used my Prisma pencils and some solvent. I stamped her 3 times and coloured certain sections of her in, then I cut these sections out and layered them up. To draw your eye in I used my pan pastels to sweep colour around the edge to frame the image. Finally I matted her onto coordinating card stock and added my die cut flowers and banner.




Here's what I used:
Digi Stamps: Wee Stamps 'Peggy'
Cardstock: White card base, Green & Blue Cs, Blue Glitter CS, First Edition 'Up Up & Away'
Dies: Tattered Lace 'Embellishment Dies', Britannia Dies 'Small Multi Flower', Medium 'Multi Flower', Signature Dies 'Bunting' 
Prisma Pencils: Skin - Light Peach, Peach, Blush Rose, Burnt Ochre & Berol Verithin - Peach / Hair - Sand, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Sienna Brown / Flowers & Bird - Light Cerulean Blue, True Blue, Copenhagen Blue, Flower Centre - Canary Yellow, Yellowed Orange /  Socks, Bows & Frills - Gingeroot, Sand & Crayola 'Sable' / Dress - Chartreuse, Spring Green, Apple Green, Olive Green
Other: Pan Pastels 'Phathlo Green', 'Turquoise', 'Bright Yellow Green',  MS 'Branch' Punch, Paper Stumps, Sansdor, Gems

So why not drop by Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog and check out what my fabulous Design Teamies have created to inspire you, and while you're there why not enter your card or project into our challenge. This week's sponsor and prize is from Crafty Ribbons and the monthly draw sponsor is The Ribbon Girl.

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Thank you so much for all your visits and comments throughout 2013, I really appreciate them.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year in 2014.  

Hugs

Janine x

5 comments:

Gea said...

Nice card .I am voling you because you have a nice blogg gr Gea From Holland

Ali said...

Yoo hoo, ooh that is gorgeous love the colours and the effect you have achieved around the image!! Gorgeous colouring as always and love your banner die!!! Hope you had a good Christmas and if you didnt get a huskie did you get lots of crafty stuff??? Big Hugs xxx

Kat W said...

The colours here are so pretty and spring-like! Not like the frosty weather outside my window right now!
Your colouring is gorgeous and I love how you did the background - it really does draw the eye in.
Hugs, Kat x

coops said...

so gorgeous janine.fabulous sweet image and i love your colouring ;D

xx coops xx

Kim said...

Love this image Janine. I especially like the little flowers, they add to the cuteness of this image!
Congrats on your fame too! Imagine a real celebrity on our team.