Thursday 12 December 2013

Sugar Bowl Challenge 111 - Fairies

Hi everyone, well not long now to Christmas Day and OMG where has the year gone, it doesn't seem 2 minutes since I was getting ready for last Christmas.

Anyway, to add a little Christmas magic sparkle to your day the theme for this month's challenge at The Sugar Bowl is FAIRIES. You can create anything you like but it MUST include a Sugar Nellie rubber or digi stamp both of which are available from Funkykits. There's a great prize on offer as always.

So to get you in the mood here's my Fairy DT card for you - it's quite a simple card really.  I matted Xmas paper onto my 5 x 5 kraft card base and die cut a doily in pearlised card. Then I printed my little Sugar Nellie Fairy onto Neenah card (isn't she gorgeous) and die cut it into a circle.  I coloured around the edge of the circle with pan pastels and stamped snowflakes randomly around the image with some distressing ink. I coloured my fairy image with copics and matted it onto a green scallop circle. To finish I added a die cut poinsettia and used a touch of glitter and a pearl pen to add a little dimension.


Here's everything I used:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie 'On The Wings Of Love' Digi Stamp from Funkykits, Butterfluy Kisses 'Snowy Christmas'
Paper/Cardstock: Kraft Card, Cream Papermill Pearlised Card, Neenah, Papermania Pink & Green Card, Dovecrafts 'Back To Basic Christmas'
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30, R20 / Hair & Basket - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E13, E99 / Hat, Skirt & Holly - G21, G82, G94, G85, G99, 0 / Flowers & Presents - R20, R22, R30 / Coat & Boots - E50, E51, E53, E13 / Wings & Buttons - E00, 0 / Tights - E50, E51, G21, G94 / Birds -E50, E51, E13, R22
Dies: Spellbinder 'Petite Circle',  'Petite Scallop Circle', Marianne Designs 'LR0112 - Doily', Marianne Designs  'Poinsettia - LR0142', 
Other: Ribbon, Glitter, Pearl Pen, Distressing Ink 'Peeled Paint', Pan Pastels 'Phthalo Green and Bright Yellow Green'

So don't forget to drop by at The Sugar Bowl and have a look at what the rest of my fab DT sweeties have created to inspire you; and why not join in with this month's challenge while you're there. It's open to everyone, and the theme is 'FAIRIESso  come on give it a go but remember to include a SUGAR NELLIE STAMP (either rubber or digi) otherwise it will be removed...sorry!.  

Have fun, and I look forward to seeing what you create.

Hugs

Janine x

3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so cute too.
luv
Debby

Ali said...

Aww such a cute image and love how you have achieved the background - great layout too xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous Janine.beautiful deisgn and colours and I love the stunning image :D

xx coops xx