Thursday 14 April 2022

Amanda Jayne Designs - Easter Tilly

Hi there

I have another lovely Easter card to share with you today. This time I created a shaped free standing card using Easter Tilly from Amanda Jayne Designs. The 5½" tall shaped card was made with the help of my electronic cutting machine. The image was coloured with Copic pens and her dress was paper pieced. Below the pictures I've tried to explain how I made, but there were quite a few steps in the process, so if you have any questions please let me know (either email me or leave me your email address in the comments). I hope you like it. 

Even though I have created a 3d version of Tilly, she would look equally as pretty flat onto a card or even decoupaged up. 

For your information, here is the link to the Amanda Jayne Designs Etsy Store to check out all the digi stamps and papers.



Here's What I Did
Using my Silhouette electronic cutting machine I imported 'Easter Tilly' into my software, and resized her sufficiently so that I would be able to duplicate her and create a top fold card. 

To make the shaped card base -- I selected the image and then used the 'Trace' tool and told it to trace the outer edge of it to create a cutting line. Using this outline I used the 'Offset' tool to create a slightly large outline (this was so I would have a slim border around her when she was glued in place). I duplicated the offset image and flip one of the images vertically. I moved the flipped image up so that the ears were slightly touching and made sure they were perfectly inline with each other and of equal distance. I selected them both and welded them. I added a dashed line (fold line) at the section where the ears met. I cut this out from strong white card. 

Easter Tilly - The girl image and the original cutline were moved back onto my on-screen mat and then printed out with registration marks. The printout was placed onto my actual cutting mat and cut out. I coloured in her skin and hair with Copic pens. For her dress I printed out a sheet of the Easter paper, then put it back in my printer and printed the image straight onto it. I fussy cut out the dress and glued it in place on the image. The completed image was glued onto the shaped card base.

To finish off I added a little glitter to her hair band and the ribbon around her dress. 

Here's What I Used 
Easter Digi Paper & Stamp: Easter Digi Bundle

Copic Pens: Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20, R30 / Hair - YR000, YR00, E13, E99 / Bunny Eats & Shirt - C0, C1, R00, R20, R30

Other: Electronic  Cutting Machine, Strong White Card 300gsm, 220gsm Digital Printing Paper Glitter, Glue, Double Sided Tape

We have a lovely facebook group called Amanda Jayne Design Inspiration Group, or why not follow Amanda Jayne Designs on Instagam @amandajaynedesigns

If you wish to ask a question about any of my cards please leave me a message in the comment with your email address, otherwise I cannot contact you. Alternatively email me at jsnine.quinn@gmail.com

Please Note - I am designing for Amanda Jayne Designs and I receive her lovely digi images to play with and share with you; I do not receive any monetary reimbursement for my samples, advertisements or my participation. I do, what I do for fun and relaxation. Thank you. x

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more cards using Amanda Jayne Designs stamps. TTFN

Hugs

x Janine x

No comments: