Sunday 1 July 2018

Whimsy Stamps - July New Release #1

Afternoon peeps 💜

Oh wow, where has this year gone....it's seems to be be going by so quickly! On a good note it's the 1st of July....and it's new release day at Whimsy Stamps. So today I'm here to share one of the fabulous new digital stamps that's available in store - so for my card I've used Penguin Campfire drawn by one of my lovely friends, Crissy Armstrong. Isn't he the cutest penguin ever! I've team the stamp up with a digital sentiment and paper from a previous release, then everything was coloured up with Copics.

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.



 
Here's What I Did
I trimmed a piece of green card to 6½" x 6½" and a piece of navy card to 6¼" x 6¼" and attached them to the card front. Using my graphics software (I used MS PowerPoint) I imported my digital paper, then the sentiment which was recoloured white. The penguin stamp was imported over the top and resized accordingly. This was printed straight onto colouring card and trimmed to 6" x 6".

The penguin stamp was coloured using Copic pens, and then the completed topper was attached to the card front.

Please note - I did remove the white background from the digital stamp in a graphics program first.  However, you could achieve the same look by printing and cutting out the image, then layering it over the top of the printed out paper.

Here's What I Used
New Release Digital Stamp: Penguin Campfire
Digital Paper: Starry Night
Sentiment: Say Cheese

Other: 7" x 7" White Card Blank, Navy Blue Card, Green Card, Copic Pens, Neenah Colouring Card, PowerPoint; Printer, Serif CraftArtist

Copics: Penguin - C1, C3, C5, BV29, W0, W1, Y02, Y08, Y17 / Penguin Glow - Y00, YR00 /  Fire - Y000, Y00, YR07, YR15 / Jacket - YG01, YG03, YG17 / Logs - E31, E33, E35, E37, Y00, Y08, YR00 / Stones - W1, W3, W5, Y00, Y02, YR00 / Marshmallow - RV10, RV28, Y00 / Stick - E33, E37, Y00, Y02

Our new challenge #107 started on the 15th June, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back on Thursday 3rd May with another new digi stamp from the release....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Swoon! I just want to sit with this lil' guy, cuddled up in front of that fire! The warm glow is SO enticing!! I just LOVE how you coloured this scene, everything about it is utterly perfect! The gorgeous tones and folds on his sweatshirt, his cute feet, that perfect glow on his face, even the flames!! You are truly a master colourist hunny!! Love the paper merge too, that was such a great choice of paper for this sweet scene. Another utterly stellar creation my sweet friend. Hugs, Wends xoxo