Friday 27 July 2018

Whimsy Inspiration - July Week 5

Hi there guys 💜

Today it's my turn to share another Whimsy card highlighting one of our stamps. So for this card I've again chosen one of the new release rubber stamp for July, and is available in the Whimsy Store.

I decided to cool myself down and create a Christmas card...and yes I did use the 'C' word. Sorry!!!The beautiful stamp I used is called 'Watching For Santa' and I was drawn by one of my wonderful friends Crissy Armstrong. Isn't this the most beautiful angelic scene.  I coloured the image using Copic pens and took the colour palette from the patterned paper I used as I wanted to create a vintage look. I hope you like it. x

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.

 
Here's What I Did
First I trimmed a piece of pretty patterned paper to cover card front leaving a slim border around the sides. Then I stamped and coloured the gorgeous Christmas image with Copic pens, once finished I die cut it into a rectangle and mounted it onto pink and green card, then onto the card front using foam pads.

To bring the card together I die cut a poinsettia and some holly from the same pink and green card used to mount the topper. To finish the card I added a die cut sentiment from the same pink card and mounted it onto funky foam add dimension.

Here's What I Used 
Rubber Stamp: Watching For Santa

Other: A5 White Scalloped Card Blank, Pink Card, Green Card, Neenah Card, Copic Pens, Stitched Rectangle  Die (Crealies), Poinsettia Die (Sizzix), Merry & Bright Die (XCut), Holly Branch (Marianne Design), Woodland Kisses Paper Pad (LOTV), Gem, Gold Pen

Copics: Skin - E50, E51, E21, E11 / Hair- YR000, YR00, E13, E99, E37 / Hairband, Ribbon & Poinsettia - R81, R85, RV34 / Bunnie - C0, C1, C2 / Lips & Eyes - R81, R85, RV10, G82, G94 / Background - W0, W1, W3 / Berries - R81, R85 / Holly - G82, G94, YG63

Our new challenge #108 started on the 15th July, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) 

I'll see you next week with more Whimsy magic ----- TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is beautiful Janine. Absolutely beautiful! You've taken this sweet image and utterly brought her to life! Your colouring is flawless! I adore the paper you've chosen for this creation and the pink poinsettia. So so gorgeous. Every detail is just fabulous. Hugs, Wends xoxo