Tuesday 23 June 2015

Tiddly Ink Challenge #160 - Let Get Gothic!!

 - Good Morning Tiddly Inkers -

So, onto my Design Team project for this week's Tiddly Inks Challenge #160, our fabulous theme this week is 'Gothic'.....mwah!!! For a change I thought I would make a tag, so for my take on 'goth' I used 2 digital stamp called Alison The Witch and Twisted Tree (inc Moon) and layered then up on my tag and patterned paper. 

Mmm, I'm not sure if I'm more Halloween than Gothic. What do you think??


 


Here's What I Did
I decided to make a tag for the Gothic theme this week - so I drew around it onto grey patterned paper to create my shape and cut it out. Next I inked around the edges using black and purple distressing inks, and added stars using a stencil, the dots were added with a white pen and a moonlight yellow pen. The finished paper was then glued to the front of the tag.

I printed off the Twisty Tree, Moon and Alison the Witch directly onto colouring card stock and coloured them with Copic pens, these were then fussy cut out and the fence, grass and stars were all die cut. I glued everything into place on the tag but added foam tape to Alison to give a little dimension. To finish off I added a black lace bow and clear glitter pen plus some white and yellow pen detail on certain areas on the tag.

Here's what I Used
Digital Image: Alison The Witch and Twisted Tree (inc Moon) from Tiddly Inks
Cardstock (CS): Black & Purple CS, Yellow Glitter CS, Neenah CS, Hobbycraft 'xxx' Paper Pad
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR02, E13, E37, E99 / Hat & Dress - C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, V01, V04, V09, V012 / Tree - V01, V04, V05, V09, V012 / Moon - Y02, Y08
Dies: Marianne Designs 'LR0205', Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes #2', Taylor Expression 'Wispy Grass Border'
Other: White Pen, Yellow 'Moonlight' Pen, Clear Glitter & Gold Pens, Memory Box 'Star Starry Nights' Stencil, 'Black Soot' & 'Dusty Concord' Distressing Ink, Dekromount 'Tag', Craftartist 2, Black Lace

I hope you'll drop by the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to take a peek at what the other lovely Design Team ladies have come up with. I look forward to seeing what you make :)

Click on the logo below:-
http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 Hugs
Janine
xxx

7 comments:

Kat W said...

I'm slowly making my way round my blogging friends after my holiday and catching up with everything!
All your cards while I was away are gorgeous, from bold colours and designs to pastel prettiness and now to gothic!
I just love this gorgeous spooky tag and all the layered details :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Squirrel x said...

WhooooooooooOOooooo, she is super Janine! Love your shading hun. Hugs xx

Ali said...

Love this!! Not sure of the name of the image tho - lol - hope its not based on me, cough!! Looking forward to Saturday for a catch up xx

Christine L said...

Well I think gothic equals halloween and vice versa... so I think this tag you've made is perfect for the theme!! Fabulous layout and colouring of course... and the lace at the top is the perfect finishing touch!

Hugs
Christine x

Beckie Williams said...

Janine, This is another incredible project. Your tag is simply beautiful. LOVE IT!

coops said...

oh wow this is fantastic janine.i love the scene you have created and stunning image and colouring ;D

xx coops xx

JanR said...

Splendid tag! I love that pop of purple.