Thursday 16 October 2014

Sugar Nellie - Hey Little Birdie

Good morning sugar fans! 

It's Thursday and my turn to share my little bit of sugary heaven with you. I decided to use this little sweetheart on a card; it's called 'Hey Little Birdie' and it's a digital stamp which I coloured with Copic pens. The stamp is available to buy and download from Funkykits the home of Sugar Nellie. I was inspired to use her after spotting her on one of the new topper sheets created by Hobby House for Sugar Nellie.

To see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group)
 
 
 
 
Here's What I Did
I've bought a new paper pad by Lawn Fawn which I've fallen in love with, and I can definitely see more purchases falling my way in the immediate future lol. I've also just bought a new bow die - it's brilliant to use and looks amazing when made up as you can see on my card.

This week I decided to create a CAS 5" x 5" card and use 2 colours to give a clean and crisp look. I printed my digital stamp onto some smooth cardstock and die cut it into a square.  The image was then coloured with Copics markers and one Flexmarker as my Blue Green decided to run out :(  I stamped snowflakes onto my finished topper using 2nd gen distressing ink (because the ink pad was too new and very juicy).  I matted and layered plain CS and patterned paper onto the card base and added my finished image on top.  To finish off I placed tiny stars 'n' dots around her and added glitter to the wings etc; lastly I added some die cut holly leaves, berries and a bow. 
Here's What I Used
Digital Stamp: Sugar Nellie 'Hey Little Birdie' available from Funkykits
Stamp: HobbyArt 'Snowy Christmas'
Paper/Cardstock (CS): 5" x 5" Scallop Card Base, Aqua and Red CS, Craftwork Digital Smooth CS, Lawn Fawn 'Peace Joy Love'
Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E02 / Hair - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100 / Dress, Hat, Presents - BG000, BG01, BG10 and Flexmarker - Aquamarine  / Jacket,  Tights, Flowers - R30, R32, R35, R37, R46, R59 / Boots & Robin - E21, E50, E53, R30 / Wings -R30, R32 / Ground - W0, W1, W3, W5
Dies: MFT Die-namics Blueprint 8, Marianne 'Bow' LR0326, Signature 'Holly Berries'
Other: Serif CraftArtist 2, Glitter, Snowflake Gem, Distressing Ink 'Peacock Feather'

Don't forget to  join us in our challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x

6 comments:

Ali said...

Such a pretty card - oooh loving your new die!! xx

Squirrel x said...

Beautiful hun. xx

Pia Larsen said...

Oh my, this is soo beautiful and adorable. I like :)

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Janine, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the colours and that fairy is definitely one of my fav's too. Love the stitched edge die and lovely paper bow. Such a striking beautiful card with all those extra little touches, like the stamped snowflakes and stuck on stars. Just love it hun. Really striking pretty card. Hugs, Wends x

Kat W said...

An absolute stunner! The image is super cute and the colours are just so lovely and fresh :-)
The starry/snowflake background you created is a delight too!

Hugs, Kat x