Tuesday 28 October 2014

Polkadoodles Digi Queen DT Wk 9 - Winston

Good morning everyone!

I just love the Winston CD from Polkadoodles, and I couldn't resist this fabby digi stamp of Winston chillin' out in his boat; I think he's so cool.  To colour this gorgeous image in I thought I would take inspiration from Nikky and use my Pan Pastels - it was a bit of a learning curve but I'm happy with the results.
 
 
 
You can get the digi here

Here's What I Did
I thought I would create a CAS card so the main focus would be on Winston. I matted and layered plain Cardstock onto my base and added faux stitching around the edges. The digi stamp was printed directly onto some artist quality paper designed for pastels, but these could easily be any cardstock. I used a fine paint brush to apply my Pan Pastels and when everything was completed I used a few pencils to add a little extra shade and dimension.  I punched out the corners of my completed topper and matted it onto some co-coordinating card. To finish off I wrapped some jute around the edge of the card and added some hand drawn fish and a few buttons. 
 
Here's What I Used
Digi Stamps: Winston
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Cream Card Base, Artist Pastel CS, Basal CS
Pan Pastels: Turquoise, Bright Yellow Green, Phthalo Green, Burnt Sienna Shade, Permanent Red, Permanent Red Tint, Violet Tint, Titanium White, Diarylide Yellow, Black
Other: Buttons, Jute, Corner Punch, Bronze & Black Sharpie Pen, White Pen, Pencils
 
To see more fabulous designs to inspire you why not check out the fab makes from the Digi Queen girls our at our challenge blog over at  Polkadoodles towers.

Thank you for dropping by - why not leave me a message I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you everyone!

Hugs
 x Janine x
 
 

6 comments:

Fiona said...

thjis is gorgeous Janine...love how you have coloured Winston...do I need those pan pastels??

Fi
x

Sandra H said...

So pretty! l agree your colouring is gorgeous

Beckie Williams said...

I agree triple, this is just incredible. Your talent just amazes me. Keep sharing your talent with us!

Ali said...

It all x and together in the end -it looks great xx

coops said...

so gorgeous janine.i love the cute bear and your colouring is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Karon said...

This is stunning - what an amazing colouring with Pan Pastels! WOW!