Thursday 2 October 2014

Sugar Nellie DT Post - New Furry Friends

- Hello Sugar Fans -
 
Well hello and good morning to you all. It's Thursday and it's Sugar Nellie time!
Yay!!!!  I get the fab job of  introducing one of the new digital stamps from the 'Furry Friends' collection - this fabby stamp is called Golf Buddy and it's available from Funkykits in digital format. How cool is this for a golfing fan or the golfer in the family. I made them both very dark and furry - but they would look equally as brilliant in a much softer colourway. 
 
 

Here's What I Did
My card is actually a tear drop shaped card as I wanted to make them appear as though they were on a hillside. To make my card base - I cut a 5" x 7" piece of strong card for the back, and then cut a 5" x 7½" piece of strong acetate for the front.  I scored ½" in from one end of the acetate which I then scored and folded over to make a flap; I added taped to the flap usually strong tape (red tape) this was stuck to the back of the piece of card. 

To decorate my card - I added blue card (sky) to my card then glued cut out hills on top of this (distressing ink was added to the edges first), I also tucked a cut out flag/post behind one of the hills. At the edge of the card I glued on a punched out border being careful not too place my tape too close to the inner edge - as this is where the acetate will be tucked into (see above picture). I coloured my 'Golf Buddy' image with Copics and cut all the pieces out, these were glued to the front of my acetate along with a hill shape to compliment the background hills. To finish off I added a few die cut clouds.

When the acetate is untucked from the border edge the card lies flat for postage.   
Here's What I Used
Digi Stamp: 'Golf Buddy' available Sugar Nellie at Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Centura Pearl, First Edition 'Spring Drop', Craftwork CS Digital Super Smooth, Acetate
Copic Pens: Dog - E31, E35, E37, E57 / Cap & Ball - Y11, Y15, Y38, R22, R27, R29, R59 / Grass - YG17 / Flag & Golf Bag - Y15, Y35, Y38, R22, R27, R29, R59 / Golf Clubs: C1, C2, C3 / Rabbit - W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, R000 
Dies: Joy 'Clouds'
Other: Martha Stewart Border Punch, Distressing Ink
 
To see more Sugar Nellie creations made by my fab Sugar Nellie DT buddies, why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog, or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Thank you for dropping by - why not leave me a message I'd love to hear from you.

Don't forget about Sugar Nellie challenge over at The Sugar Bowl - there's 2 fab prizes up for grabs.

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs
 
x Janine x 

4 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Can't believe I wasn't a follower, well I am now. Your colouring is amazing. Love this new digi. Fab card shape too x

Squirrel x said...

Totally stunning and fabulous and I love it! Hugs xx

Ali said...

Love this - it would be ideal for my brother!!! such a great layout and love the effect you have achieved for the fur on the animals xx

Sandra H said...

Wow this is gorgeous x