Tuesday 6 September 2011

Sweet Roses....Sweet Friend

I made my latest 8 x 8 creation yesterday for my mum to give to her friend.  She wanted a 'pretty card' with a friend poem on it...and well I love green and pink together.

I made the swirl roses myself...my first attempt..yey!  I added a blob of glitter to the centre, mainly because I didn't have any pearls or gems big enough.

I distressed the edges of the paper and poem label with the Egg Plant ink. Also using the ink I stamped the swirly leaves onto the poem and background paper...gorgeous.

I punched out lots of leaves in green glitter card and also in white card and then coloured then using the same Egg Plant ink.  Finally I added a large pink glitter swirl and punched daisy flowers.

I wanted a pretty but fresh look, and hopefully I achieved it.  It went in the post today, so I just hope she likes it.


Materials I Used:
Paper: Digichick (gorgeous kit)
Leaves: Martha Stewart punch
Flowers: Daisy punch
Ink: Eggplant Adirondack
Nestibilities: Label 4
Hougie Board
Swirl: Marianne Swirl Die
Stamp: Clarity Stamp's Swirly Leaves


Thanks for looking.





PS A quick update...my stepdad is still in hospital, but today he looked a whole lot better.  His breathing and cough has definitely improved and there's talk of home coming home at the end of the week. So fingers crossed!!!!

1 comment:

coops said...

wow this is fantastic janine.really beautiful and pretty.i love the gorgeous roses :D

xx coops xx