Wednesday 12 June 2024

Amanda Jane Designs - Bumble Bee Holding Flowers

Hi Everyone

This week I'm sharing 2 of my cards highlighting Amanda Jane Designs (AJD) fabulous digi stamps and papers to coincide with her regular Facebook challenge. For this month (June) she has created a 'sketch' for you to follow (see below), to enter you basically use the card sketch (layout) as your template. The rules are that you use either one or more of AJD's papers or one of her digi stamps etc to create your card. You can win lovely digi stamps as a prize (see link at the bottom of the page), so why not have a go.  

As you can see I did a spin on the sketch using some of AJD papers and one of her cute Bee stamps. I used Inktense watercolour pencils to coloured with, but I had to admit I'm a little rusty using them as I've not had them out in ages; I definitely think I need to play with them a bit more. I hope you like it. x

Amanda has lots of  lovely digi stamp, papers and sentiments in her Etsy shop, along with some pre-coloured images and papers. Here is the link to the Amanda Jayne Designs Etsy Store to check out all the digi stamps and papers.





Here's What I Did
After printing off a selection of AJD digital papers from the 'Bee-autiful' collection, I trimmed down the black and white striped paper to fit the front of my card blank, leaving a slim border around the edge. This was attached to the card front. I followed this up by cutting a strip of the black and white polka dot paper and gluing this across the centre of the card. A piece of the yellow flowered paper was die cut into a square and added over the top previous papers bang in the centre. 

Next I imported the little bee into my software and resized it to fit my project. The image was printed onto watercolour cardstock, then die cut with an cross stitch circle die. I drew a horizontal line across the bottom of the scene to ground the bee and hand stamped a few grasses and flowers to finish it off. The image was coloured with watercolour pencils. I created my own sentiment in my software befitting a bee card. :)

The completed scene was glued to a yellow die cut stitched circle, then onto a black scalloped circle.  The finished topper was adhered to the centre of the card front, adding my sentiment to the left of the bee. To finish off the card I added glitter to the bee's wings and flower.

Here's What I Used 
Digital Papers - Bee-autiful

Inktense Watercolour Pencils: Bee -  Cadmium Yellow, Golden Yellow, Cadmium Orange,  Charcoal Grey, Ink Black, Iris Blue, Crimson Flower Crimson, Chilli Red, Apple Green, Felt Green Grass Apple Green, Felt Green

Other: 6" x 6" White Card Blank, Watercolour Card (Rare Earth), Pro Print paper 220gsm (Create & Craft), Yellow & Black Card, 'Cross Stitch' Circle Die (Rox Stamps), Square 'Postage Stamp Frame' Die Set &  'Stitched Scalloped Circle' Die Set (Creative Expression), 'Greener Grass' Stamp Set (Colorado Craft Co), White Pen, Water, Glitter, Glue, Double Sided Tape

We have a lovely facebook group called Amanda Jayne Design Inspiration Group, or why not follow Amanda Jayne Designs on Instagam @amandajaynedesigns

If you wish to ask a question about any of my cards please leave me a message in the comment with your email address, otherwise I cannot contact you. Alternatively email me at jsnine.quinn@gmail.com

Please Note - I am designing for Amanda Jayne Designs and I receive her lovely digi images to play and share with you; I do not receive any monetary reimbursement for my samples, advertisements or my participation. I do, what I do for fun and relaxation. Thank you. x

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more cards using Amanda Jayne Designs stamps. TTFN

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

GORGEOUS Card and l love the sketch x