Thursday 19 September 2019

Lili Of The Valley - Christmas Launch #4

Hi everyone

I'm here with a cutie two-some digi stamp from the new Christmas/Winter collection by Lili Of The Valley (LOTV) which in available in their Etsy store. Aren't these two just the sweetest things....EVER! For my card today I created a bauble card using 'Snowy Chums', which I coloured up using my Copic pens. I created the pretty sky using distress inks. I hope you like it. x

For your information, here is the link to the LOTV Etsy Store to check out all the digi stampsand the LOTV online store to check out the rest of their goodies.



Here's What I Did
I trimmed down a piece of gorgeous blue paper from my stash, and added it to the front of a 6" x 6" white card blank, leaving a slim border around the edge.

I die cut the bauble frame 3 times from strong white card, then stacked and glued them together to create depth. The back section of the globe was die cut and then 4 different distress inks were blended onto it. When the inks were dry, watered down white and black chalk paint was flicked over the top to look like drops of snow. Dots were also added using a white pen.

I imported the cute digi stamp into my graphics program, then resized it so it would fit inside the bauble. The image was then printed directly onto colouring card stock, and die cut using the back panel of the bauble it ensure it was the correct size. The image was coloured in using Copic pens apart from the sky, then fussy cut out around the characters.  Glitter was added to the snow floor. The seal and penguin section was glued on top of the background sky and then the white bauble frame was added over the top. To complete the bauble, the top section (cap) was die cut from blue glitter card then glued into place along with a ribbon. Snowflakes were die cut from white card and glued around the characters. Funky foam was added to the back of the bauble and then added to the centre of the card front.

To finish my card I added blue gems to the top and bottom of the card.

Here's What I Used
Digital Stamp: Snowy Chums

Copic Pens: Seal pup and Penguin - C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, W0, W1, Y17, YR23 / Hats - R27, R29, R59, B0000, B000, B00 / Snow - B0000, B000 / Mistletoe - YG03, YG67

Other: 6" x 6" White  Card Blank, 'Make It Colour' Blending Card, Strong White Card, Blue Glitter Card (Crafter's Companion), 'White Christmas' Paper Pad (The Works), Globe & Ornament Shaker Card Die Set (Honey Bee Stamps), Starry Skies Dies (Lawn Fawn), Banners Die (MFT), Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Wilted Voilet, Dusty Corncord), Glitter, Funky Foam, Foam Pads, Glue, Double Sided Tape, White & Black Chalk Paint (Cosmic Shimmer), White Pen, water, Spritzer, Ribbon, Gems

Or why not join us on social media at  'We Love Lili Of the Valley' Facebook Group run by the Design Team, the official Lili Of The Valley Facebook page and on Instagram.  We'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, and please don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back soon with more sneaky peeks of the fabulous new LOTV Christmas stamps. TTFN

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful, cute cards! I love your distress ink background! You did an amazing job blending!

Lorraine said...

I love this, a gorgeous design and your colouring looks fab
Lorraine x