Saturday 18 May 2019

Craft Consortium - Essential Paper Pad Launch

Hi everyone 💜

I have some exciting new, I am now a member of the Craft Consortium Design Team. Woo hoo!! I actually started a few weeks ago, but as you know I've been on holiday. The company is a family run business and was founded in 2013 by Terry & Sue Lennon. The company is award winning and concentrates on papercrafts and home décor, their products are of a premium quality. This is the link to their website -- https://www.craftconsortium.com/

Well today (17th May) they launched a fabulous selection of Essential paper pads on Create & Craft with grunge and texture effects. The designs, colours and quality of the pads are simply superb. I will be creating cards and projects with some of the papers from the pads, along with other collections that have been released. So watch this space.


Anyhow, here are my cards using papers from the 'Light Tones' Grunge paper pad. I hope you like them. All the links to the specific Craft Consortium products can be found below, and the link to the general store is here.
Card #1
Card #2
Light Tones' Grunge Paper Pad
Here's What I Did
Card #1 - firstly I trimmed down a piece of the patterned paper to 4¾" x 6¾"and covered the front of my white 5" x 7" top fold card blank.

Next I die cut a frame from pink card using 2 rectangle dies. Using a stamping platform I stamped out the giraffe onto watercolour card using black waterproof ink. When the ink was dry I coloured the giraffe in with watercolour pens and water. I trimmed down the stamped panel and and cut around the the tips of the giraffe's ears. The pink frame was glue over the top of the stamped panel apart from the ears which were poked out over the top of the frame. White funky foam was glued to the back of the framed panel to raise it up and then added to the card front.  To complete the card I added a die cut sentiment and heart cut from the same pink card.

Card #2 - I trimmed down a piece of the patterned paper to 4½" x 4½" to cover the front of my own 4¾" x 4¾" card blank leaving a slim border around the edge. I made sure that the paper had the blue tones at the top right and orange tones on the bottom section to replicate a sunset/sunrise. Next I trimmed down a piece of black card to 4¼" x 4¼" and die cut the scenic frame into it. The frame was glued into place onto the card front, and gems were added to the birds eyes to complete the card.

I used
Paper Pad: Craft Consortium - 12" x 12" The Essential Craft Papers' Paper Pad Collection (used 'Light Tones' pad)
Stamp: Pink Ink Designs 'Giraffe' (#1)
Dies: Sizzix Phrases, Sweets, Donuts (#1), Creative Expressions 'Noble - Double Pierced Background (#1), Clarity Stamps Fresh Cuts 'The Happy Couple' (#2)

Other:
5" x 7" White Top Fold Card Blank, 4¾" x 4¾" Black Card Blank, Crafter's Companion Matt Black Card and Watercolour Card, Funky Foam, Hunkydory Mattastic Card, Double Sided Tape, Gems, Zig Clean Color Pens

If you purchase any Craft Consortium products could I politely ask that you give feedback on their facebook page or website and let them know what you think.  Please support our Craft suppliers. Thank you. xxx

Why not follow us on Facebook - Craft Consortium Network Craft Consortium Ltd or our our Instagram page. We'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back in the next day or so with  more Craft Consortium samples.....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

No comments: