Saturday 3 November 2018

Whimsy Stamps - November New Release #1

Hi there guys💜

Today, it's my turn to share one of the new release digi stamps from Whimsy Stamps, but instead I'm sharing two. So for my card today I've used the cutest little seals drawn by the lovely Crissy Armstrong. Aren't they sweet.

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.



 
Here's What I Did
First I added matted my card blank with a piece of red card leaving a slim border around the edges. Using my graphics software I imported the cute seal images and printed them directly onto Neenah card. I coloured the images with Copic pens and cut them out, I also trimmed off on the bottom half of the baby seal (poor thing!).

I sketched out 3 separate icebergs (or ice mountains) onto light blue card, then sponged Tumbled Glass distressing ink over the top, then added Faded Jeans distressing ink to the edges. When the ink  was completely dry I added glitter to the very edges of the icebergs.

I cut down a piece of dark grey card to fit the card front, which I then sprayed lightly with white stain. In addition to this I also die cut a circle from light grey card and very lightly sponged Black Soot distressing ink over the top, and left them both to dry.  When dry the moon and icebergs were then glued into place on the grey card.

Next I cut a strip of pale blue vellum bigger than the width of the grey card and wrapped it across the bottom of the icebergs and secured it on back of the card, I also added a few dots of glue where I knew I was going to add the adult seal and icy hole. The grey card containing the scene was then added to the card front on top of the red card. A die cut oval cut from silver mirror card and the two seals, plus a 'Merry Christmas' sentiment were adhered to the card front to finish the scene. To complete the card, glitter was added to the hat fur of the two seals.

Here's What I Used
New Release Digital Stamp: Seal On Ice
New Release Digital Stamp: Seal In Water

Other: 6" x 6" White Card Blank, Neenah Card, Red Card, Blue Vellum, Silver Mirror Card, Dark Grey Card, Light Grey Card, Light Blue Card, Distressing inks (Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Black Soot), Distress Ink Spray Stain (Picket Fence), Glitter, Merry Christmas Die (Die'sire), White Pen

Copics: Seals - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100 / Scarf & Hat - R17, R27, R37, ,R59, W1, W3 / Present - B05, B12, R17, R27, R37, R59

Our new facebook challenge #110  started on the 15th October, and there's still loads of time to enter, so come and grab something Whimsy and join in with us. There will be a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is 'Anything Goes'.

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back on Thursday 3rd May with another new digi stamp from the release....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Stamp - https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Marge said...

What a beautiful card, Janine ! The critters are so adorable and your coloring is wonderful ! I love the colors of mountains and glitter detail you added on them. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge