Tuesday 1 May 2018

Whimsy Stamps - May Release #1

Afternoon peeps 💜

Well I'm back from my little trip away for my birthday. My lovely hubbie took me to Longleat Safari Park for a few days - we stayed in a very quaint...or dare I say quirky hotel in the grounds. Thankfully we got to see most things on our first day, as our second and last day was awful as it rained non stop all day. We did get to see lots of weird and wonderful animals though, which made me giggle and smile.

Anyhoo, back to my card of the day. I chose this little guy to show you today, isn't he the cutest. He's one of the new digital release stamps from Whimsy Stamps called 'Penguin Dr Cute'. I've also used one of the papers from a new collection called 'Going Dotty and a sentiment from a another new release called 'Everyday Banners'. All the products used are digital.

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.




Here's What I Did
I printed out a sheet of the patterned paper and entirely covered the front of a 6" x 4" card blank. Next I resized the penguin and printed it straight onto some colouring card stock and coloured it with Copic pens. When the image was finished I trimmed it down to fit the card front, then added a strip of aqua coloured card to the right side of it before attaching them both to the card front.

Using the 'Everyday Banner' sentiments I cropped the sheet down so that all that remained was the 'get well soon' banner, this was printed out onto thick white card. The banner was cut out and added to the card front using foam pads.

To complete the card I added enamel dots in shades of blue and aqua.

Here's What I Used
Digital Stamp: Penguin Dr Cute
Digital Sentiment Stamps: 'Everyday Banners' 
Digital Papers: 'Going Dotty' Paper Collection

Other: 6" x 4" Card Blank, Copic Pens, Neenah Colouring Card, Aqua Card, PowerPoint; Printer, Foam Pads, Enamel Dots

Our new challenge (#105) started on the 15th April, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back on Thursday 3rd May with more new release digi stamps....so see you then. TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So, so, SO sweet! I love the way you've coloured this wee cutie and the paper you've paired it with is delish. Love the enamel dots detail too, so sweet! Your colouring is the bomb on that gorgeous image. Brilliant, completely brilliant! Hugs, Wends xoxo