Wednesday 23 May 2018

Whimsy Inspiration - Week 5

Afternoon everyone 💜

Today I'm sharing quite a simple card as I wanted the stamp to shine. I was very brave and added a few extra elements which I've drawn myself,  such as the background, the pile of books, trees and castle....so please be kind. :)

The stamp is by Marina Fedotova, and it's called 'Norbert and Fiona Storytime' that was why I drew a pile of books they're sitting on. I just imagined him telling her tales of his adventures and conquests. I think I've been watching too many episodes of Merlin. Lol

The stamp is a deeply etched rubber mounted on cling cushion foam and it's available from the Whimsy Store. I coloured everything using my Copic pens, and added Colour Cloud ink for the sky using a cloud temple. I hope you like it. x

All the links to the specific Whimsy products can be found below and the link to the general store is here.

 
 
Here's What I Did
I stamped the image onto Neenah cardstock and started by drawing the pile of books they're sitting on, then added the background with the hills, trees and finally the castle. I covered up Norbert's head (poor thing!) and added the sky using Colour Cloud ink and a cloud template. When everything was dry I removed the mask and coloured the whole scene in using Copic pens.

The completed picture was matted onto a 5" x 7" card blank which I'd covered with black card. To finish the card I added a 5 tiny flower gems on each side, top and bottom.

Here's What I Used 
Rubber Stamp: Norbert and Fiona Storytime

Other: 5" X 7" Card Blank, Black Card, Neenah Card, Copic Pens,  Crystal Glitter, Flower Gems, Colour Cloud Ink (Cosmic Shimmer - Summer Sky), Cloud Template (MFT), Gold Glitter Pen

Our new challenge #106 started on the 15th May, so why not come and join us. There a  fabulous $15 prize to win and the theme as always is #Anything Goes'. Here is the link for you, so come on what are you waiting for!

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) 

I'll see you next week with more Whimsy magic ----- TTFN!

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Janine, this card is utterly stunning. As Crissy said in our DT page, it's like something straight out of a storybook! It's enchanting! The scene is so beautifully crafted, from the sweet rolling hills to the wee castle at the top. You are so talented to have drawn all that yourself. You know what my favourite bit is though right?! Those books baby! I mean seriously, those lil' titles and angles and the way they're both perched up there on top of them. People get that the image doesn't come like this right?! I mean freakin' fantastic!!!! I love EVERYTHING about this gorgeous creation, including your perfect elegant CAS design, to allow that beautiful scene full stage! Exquisite hun in every detail. Hope those holibobs are going fabulously. Huge hugs, Wends xoxo