Monday 30 October 2017

Halloween Card 2017

Hi there

Every year I make a Halloween card for my daughter - she'll be 29 next month. She loves Halloween and really gets into the spirit of it. She used work as an actress in the London Dungeons attraction, so you can imagine what things she used to wear. Lol

Anyhow I thought I would share the card I made for her this year. I used My Favorite Things 'Witch Way Is The Candy' stamp set and some pop up dies from Elizabeth Crafts. The background was created using a variety of different distressing inks, and the images were coloured with Copics.





The above picture shows the band I created to slide over the card base to keep it closed.


EVERYTHING I USED:

Stamps: 'Witch Way Is The Candy' (My Favorite Things)

Distressing Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Black Soot (and a little Spiced Marmalade & Mustard Seed)

Copics: Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E11, E37, E99 / Pumpkin Stalks - YG01, YG63, YG67 /  Pumpkin - Y02, Y38, YR15, YR23, C3 / Bat & Cat - C2, C3, C5, C7, Y38 / Bat & Cat Eyes - Y00, YG01, YG03 /Frog - YG00, YG01, YG03, YG17, C3 / Frog Eyes - BG000, BG01 / Moon - Y02, Y08, Y35, Y38 / Broom - Y00, Y02, Y08, Y38, E13, E37 / Striped Top & Tights - Y38, YR68, C3, YG01, YG03 / Hat & Cloak - C2, C3, C5, C7 / Hat Ribbon & Buckle - Y08, V04, V06, V12, Y08 / Dress & Boots - V01, V04, V06, V12, YG01, YG03, C3

Dies: General Pop Ups (Elizabeth Crafts), Starry Skies (Lawn Fawn), Four Season Tree (Crafters Companion), Square Dots #42 (Crealies), Pearl Square (Tattered Lace), Monogram (Little B), Simple Stitched Hillside Border (Lawn Fawn)

Other: Splatter Brush, Water, Black card (cut to 5¾" x 5¾" to create a card blank), White glitter Card, Glitter Pen, Sheena's Stamping Card, Black Funky foam, Glossy Accents, Computer/Printer (sentiment)

PS - I've just had a text from her, and she received it ok this morning, and loves it. Phew!!!

Thanks for dropping by; why not leave me a comment to say hi!

Hugs

Janine x

7 comments:

Ali said...

Eeeh thats weird was just thinking this morning if you'd done a card for Heather and then here it is!! Fab as always x

Sandra H said...

Your card is super cute!

Julie Reed said...

Wow, I love your card and the stunning background you created x

Anne said...

I'm not surprised your daughter loved this Janine. I've seen a few cards made with this cute stamp set and this is gorgeous - love the addition of the pop up element

Anne x

Brawny x said...

A fabulous card x

Swathi said...

Love the card! Beautifully put together. The background is fabulous

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I just LOVE this gorgeous Halloween card Janine! Your ink work is out of this world! Stunning creation hun and those images are utterly gorgeous. This is bound to have totally made Heather's day when she received this! Hugs, Wends xoxo