Wednesday 10 August 2016

Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Kit - Issue #11 Project

Good morning everyone :)

Hi there, welcome to another Crafter's Companion project using the freebies from Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Kit - Issue #11. The kit content is based around the autumn and winter season and includes a stamp set, dies, embossing folder, CD/DVD... and of course the Crafter's Inspiration magazine. The CD has some wonderful papers and digi stamps and there's a brilliant Sheena Douglass tutorial DVD.  I loved playing with everything in this kit, Autumn is one of my favourite seasons mainly because I love the colours, and this kit definitely doesn't disappoint.

As soon as I opened the box I spotted the leaf stamps, and I instantly had an idea for a autumnal glitter card. I have lots of old glitters in gold, orange and red which were perfect and I thought they would show up brilliantly on black card. The finished card is super glitzy and sooo sparkly. Hope you like it. :)

A description of how I made it and all the products used are shown just below the photos. :)




Here's What I Did
First I cut down a sheet of matt black top 5" (wide) x 11" (high) with a top fold scored at 5½". I then cut down another piece of black card to 4¾" (wide) x 5½" (high) to create the topper. I stamped and then heat embossed the sticky embossing powder and sprinkled various coloured glitters on top. This technique could easily be carried out using different coloured sparkly embossing powders.

The finished topper was mounted onto the card blank using foam pads. Next I stamped the included free sentiment onto a strip of black card, and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. When cool, I matted the black strip onto a piece of vellum and added it to the card front with more foam pads. To finish off the card I added 3 small yellow gems.

Here's What I Used
Crafter's Companion:
Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Issue #11 (Stamps Used)
Paper/Cardstock (CS):
Crafter's Companion Matt Black CardCrafter's Companion Printable Vellum

Other:  Various Coloured Glitters, Foam Pads, Versamark Ink, Gold Embossing Powder, Gems, Stamp 'n' Bond Embossing Powder

Don't forget....if you want to see more Crafter's Companion creations made my lovely teamies why not join our Facebook page - just search for Crafter's Companion UK or USA, and for more magazine inspiration definitely checked out the Crafters' Companion Inspiration Magazine group. Just a little heads up...we are also on Twitter, Instagram and have a Pinterest Board, so why not follow us.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there or if you have any questions about the products - I'd love to hear from you :)

Challenge Entered:

Hugs & kisses

x Janine x

No comments: