Wednesday 22 June 2016

Sugar Nellie Design Team and Farewell Card

- Hello Sugar Fans -
Good morning everyone!

Well today is my last card and post for the Sugar Nellie Design Team. After thinking long and hard I made the decision to step down. After losing my step-dad a few weeks ago I felt I needed to go into another direction and have a fresh start with a couple of things. Time is precious as they say!

Karen (Mama Sugar) and Fiona invited me to join the Design Team a few years ago after initially joining the Sugar Bowl challenge team. I have had a fantastic journey, made some special friends and played with lots of wonderful stamps. Even although I will miss everyone I just feel it's time for me to move on. I wish Karen and the Sugar Nellie girls all the very best for the future. See you in blogland my sweet girlies :)

So for my last Sugar Nellie Design Team card I've chosen to share with you my very first one. It's ironic that my card is showing off this particular SS stamp as it's Simply Sassy week this week, so my timing is perfect. The digi stamp is called 'Tiffany' and she is and will always be special to me, plus she's so pretty.

This stamp and lots of other Simply Sassy digi stamps are available to buy from Funkykits.

   
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=91_148
 
Here's What I Did
I matted my 8" x 8" card base with coloured card and pretty patterned paper, then added a cream die cut border strip right across the middle. I printed the image directly on colouring card and coloured her in delicate Copic colours. Using similar coloured inks to the Copic pens I used, I then stamped flowers and leaves around the image. The completed topper was then matted onto coloured card and added to the card base. The same flowers and leaves were also stamped onto a computer generated sentiment which I then cut into a fishtail banner, and placed under the flowers.

To finish off I added my own handmade flowers and hat pins, plus a few pearls and a touch of glitter.
Here's What I Used
Digi Image: Sugar Nellie 'Tiffany' available from Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah CS, First Edition 'First Bloom', Cream, Lilac, Purple & Aqua CS
Dies: Sizzix Banner #2, Sizzix Squares, Martha Stewart 'Branch', Spellbinder 'Persian Accent', Britannia 'Medium Rose',  Marianne Designs 'Swirl Rose -  LR0162'
Copics: Skin: E0000, E000, E01, E13, R20 / Hair: YR0000, YR000, E81 E13, E15 / Eyes, Tights, Flower: BG000, BG01, BG05 / Dress: V000, V01, V04, V05, V09 / Hearts: Y0000, Y000, YR00 / Around Image: B0000, B000
Stamped Flowers: Adirondack 'Juniper', 'Tumbled Glass' Distressing Ink, Hunkydory 'Floral Chic'
Other: Ribbon, Wired Pearls, Pearls, Glitter, Diamante Hat Pins, Beads and Spacers, CraftArtist 2,  Glitter
Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Why not join in with the challenge over on the Sugar Nellie blog here - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 
 
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs & kisses

x Janine x 

4 comments:

Ali said...

Really pretty and beautifully coloured xxx hugs xxx

Christine L said...

'Swoooooooooooooon' - this is so beautiful Janine! It just shows your cardmaking was just as good then as it is now!!

I know it's sad for you to leave Sugar Nellie....... but sometimes you know when it's time to change... good luck in your new adventures!

Hugs
Christine x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Janine, love the pretty colours and details.

Donna x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning creation Janine. Beautiful papers, gorgeous edge stamping and love that image. Far too long since I've coloured her up. I've always loved your fabulous Sugar Nellie creations, so I will really miss you being on the team. But totally understand the need to reevaluate life sometimes. There's been such a sad loss and big shift and change for you and it does make you take stock. Follow your heart hunny, it's never wrong. Love and hugs, Wends x