Wednesday 3 February 2016

Sugar Nellie - 'You Brought Me Love'

- Hello Sugar Fans -
 
Good morning everyone! 
So for my Design Team card this cold Wednesday I decided to use one of the gorgeous Gorjuss girl stamps again (because I love them lol); this one is called 'You Brought Me Love' and she's available as a mini stamp. These stamps are so versatile, because you can really pretty them up or make them look vintage and shabby. So for my card I decided I wanted her to have a shabby chic looking or maybe it's more gothy....mmm, you decide. To achieve the look I used distressing ink pads and pens on watercolour card.  
This stamp and lots of other Gorjuss stamps are available to buy from Funkykits. 


 
 
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=91_148
 
Here's What I Did
Firstly I matted a shaped card base with black card stock and beautiful patterned paper. The image was stamped directly onto some watercolour card and die cut it into a circle.  Next I created my background, and I purposely made it blotchy by leaving pools of water on the surface of the paper, this produced a watermark effect. I coloured the main image in with a selection of distressing ink pads and pens keeping to a vintage colour palette.

The completed image was then mounted onto a die cut black circle, and added to the card base using foam tape. To finish off I added a few punched out butterflies.
Here's What I Used
Stamp: 'You Brought Me Love' available from Sugar Nellie at Funkykits
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Craftwork Cards Shaped Card Base, Black CS, Watercolour CS, Trimcraft 'Pursuit Of Happiness' Paper Pad
Distressing Inks/Pens: Skin: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick / Hair - Scattered Straw, Pumice Stone, Black / Dress, Bows & Tights - S[pun Sugar, Victorian Velvet / Petticoat & Tights - Antique Linen, Vintage Photo / Background - Old Paper, Forest Moss
Dies: Tattered Lace 'Pearl' Circle, Crealies 'XXL Stitched Circle', Go Kreate 'Frilly #10'
Other: Butterfly Punch, White Pen

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Why not join in with the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 
 
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs & kisses

x Janine x 

1 comment: