Tuesday 12 May 2015

Tiddly Inks Challenge #157 - May Flowers/New Release

Hello and good morning everyone -----

Here is my Design Team card for the Tiddly Inks Challenge #157. This is my first challenge card for them....yay!!!  The theme is 'May Flowers' so I combined it with this sweet image by Christy called 'Scooting By Wryn'it's a new release and will be available in the shop from today (it's available with a cat, dog or simply Wryn).

She's such a little cutie, and I thought she was crying out to be added to a scene of some description. I coloured both Wryn and her furry friend with Copics and everything else has been paper pieced, cut out and layered up. It took me ages - but it was worth it in the end :)





Here's What I Did
My card base is 7" x 7". I die cut a frame from white card using 2 different sized rectangular dies. The patterned papers and vellum were die cut to fit inside the frame; and then die cut again using a border die so they would look like hills. These were then glued into place.

The image was printed twice onto colouring card stock - on one image I only coloured the scooter tyres and wheel trims and then cut them out. On the other, I only coloured in Wryn and friend and again cut them out.

The scooter was then printed twice onto patterned paper and cut out. All the sections were then layered up onto the scooter along with Wryn using foam tape, and everything was finally added to the card base. To finish off I added lots of punched out yellow flowers to her basket and to the grassy areas, along with a little bit of glitter on the smiley sunshine.

Here's what I Used
Digital Image: Scooting By Wryn by Tiddly Inks
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, E11, R20, R30 / Hair - YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR02, E13, E37, E99 / Dress, Shoes, Tights, Top - Y000, Y00, Y08, Y15, Y18  / Cat & Tyres - C0, C2, C5, C7 / Scooter Shadow - YR15, YR16 /Scooter Wheel Trims - YR07, YR15, YR16
Paper/Cardstock (CS) : Craftwork Cards Smooth Digital CS, White & Yellow CS, Taylored Expressions 'Build A Scene', Vellum, Doodlebug Designs 'Hello Sunshine' (Courtesy of Handmade Bliss)
Stamp: Lawn Fawn 'Sunny Skies'
Dies: Tattered Lace 'Square' Dies, Lawn Fawn ' Stitched Hillside',
Other: Wink Of Stella Clear Pen, Tonic Punch, Foam Tape

I hope you'll drop by the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to take a peek at what the other lovely Design Team ladies have come up with. I look forward to seeing what you make :)

Click on the logo below:-
http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 Hugs
 
Janine
xxx

13 comments:

Ali said...

Love the layout!! How cute is that image!! I love it xxx

Christine L said...

I really love this fabulous sunny scene Janine... you've really made such a perfect job of putting it all together with the final touch of glitter too! Wonderful colouring and paper piecing.. just an altogther FABULOUS card!!

Big hugs
Christine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love all the layers and your fabulous colouring too. What a great card design you have created here.
Lorraine

Kat W said...

An absolutely delightful scene...the stitched hills are so cute!
Wryn looks happy to be out and about enjoying the sunshine, feeling the wind in her hair...hope that cat is ok - love his little goggles!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Myndi said...

Janine, this is absolutely fabulous!! The paper piecing is just perfect. The whole thing turned out absolutely lovely! hugsxx Myndi

coops said...

absolutely stunning janine.i love the scene you have created and fantastic image and colouring ;D

xx coops xx

Larissa said...

This is really cute Janine! Love all the details you added.

-xxx-

Beckie Williams said...

Janine, Awesomeness!! I despise paper piercing but then again I hate fussy cutting too! Love all your details and your right it looks wonderful!

Jane said...

This is absolutely fantastic Janine, welcome to the Design Team :)

JanR said...

I just love this! The scene is fantastic and that smiling sun is perfect!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Utterly gorgeous Janine. So joyful with all the little spring flowers. Fabulous design and love all the paper piecing. Hugs, Wends x (Out of touch lately as busy, busy, busy! My wee boy starts school tomorrow! Boohoo, my baby no more.)

Heide said...

Your adorable card made me go and spend some money over at Tiddly inks. Thanks for the sweetest inspiration. Hugs, Heide

Heather B said...

The plaid is so cute and the colors are gorgeous!