Wednesday 27 May 2015

Sugar Nellie Design Team Card - Enjoy Your Trip and Little Princess

Good morning sugar fans! 
 
Well, it's my turn to share my Sugar Nellie Design Team card with you today. I can't believe how quickly the weeks and months are flying by - omg we're almost in June and Christmas seems such a distance memory now.

Sooooo, onto my card for this week. I decided to have a little play with my Scrapberry stamps, they maybe small in size but they're big on character - they're sooooo pretty!  The stamp sets I used are called 'Enjoy Your Trip' and 'Little Princess' and are available from Funkykits (the home of Sugar Nellie).  




  
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2192

Here's What I Did
I used a white 7" x 7" card base which I matted and layered with coloured card and patterned paper.  I then stamped out both of the girls and coloured them with Copics. The girl with the camera was then fussy cut out.

Using white card I created the polaroid frame by die cutting a rectangle and then a square inside it, and then repeating the process again with black card. The two frames were then overlaid slightly off centre to give it a feeling of depth. The sentiment was stamped and embossing on the front of the frame and the window was backed with vellum; the Little Princess picture was then attached behind it. The word 'beautiful' was die cut from black card and attached to the card base along with all the other elements. To finish off I scattered a few die cut hearts around the card, covered the word  'beautiful' with a clear glitter pen, and used clear gloss on her sunglasses and camera lens.
Here's What I Used
Stamp: Enjoy Your Trip and Little Princess available from Funkykits, Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' 
Paper/Cardstock (CS): Neenah, Red CS, White CS, Black CS, 'My Minds Eye 'Record It-Just Splendid' Paper Pad, White Vellum
Copics: Skin (Both) - E000, E00, E11, R20 / Hair (Both) - YR0000, YR000, YR00, YR02, E13, E99 /  Dress -  R20, R22, R32 / Flowers - Y00, Y02, Y06, V12, V15, R20, R22, R32, YG03, YG09 / Tiara - Y00, Y02, Y17, V15, R22 /  Jeans - B05, B12, B23  / Pink Vest & Belt- R20, R22, R32 / T-Shirt-  C1, C2 / Shoes - C1, R20, R22 / Camera & Bag - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7 / Sunglasses - R20, R22, C1, C2
Dies: Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Hearts', Paper Smooches 'Kudos', Tonic Layering 'Rectangles' and Squares' 
Other: Wink Of Stella 'Clear' Glitter Pen, Clear Embossing Power, Black Ink, Clear Glossy Pen, Gold Glitter Pen

Don't forget if you want to see more Sugar Nellie creations made my lovely teamies why not drop by the Sugar Nellie blog or join our Facebook page (just search for the Official Sugar Nellie Group).

Why not join in with the challenge over at the Sugar Bowl - there's still  time to enter with a great prize up for grabs. The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' so it's really easy. DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE YOU MUST USE a Sugar Nellie stamp. 
 
I look forward to seeing you soon. Why not leave me a message so I know who's out there - I'd love to hear from you!!

Challenge Entered:
 
Hugs & kisses
 
x Janine x

5 comments:

Kat W said...

This card is so beautiful and so clever - love all the neat touches like the slightly faded out polaroid image and the cute hearts :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Ali said...

Another great card - they just get better and better xx

Debs said...

Awesome card Janine - love the Polaroid frame - genius idea!!!
Debs xx

Jane said...

Wow, this is fantastic - the polaroid looks amazing & of course is perfect with the photographer image!

Beckie Williams said...

Oh holy totally cuteness!!! This is just incredible .... love this!!